This may be a stupid question because you haven't seen me play or anything, but anyways, ive been playing for around 8 months maybe
These are the songs i can play from beginning to end only with a few mistakes, so no sloppy playing:

Trivium - Like light to flies (except the solo)
Sum 41- The hell song
Avenged sevenfold = Unholy Confessions
Bullet for my valentine = Suffocating under words of sorrow (excep the fast solo part)
Bullet for my valentine Hand of blood (cant do the fast solo part)
In flames = Cloud connected
Lamb of god = laid to rest

But the thing is i play all of the above songs with downpicking for the most part because my alternate picking is abit sloppy at the moment.

So, how do you think i've progressed since i started, am i bad for 8 months? or good?
Thats pretty good, took me a year to play the solo for The Hell Song
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
Quote by Sebbe92
This may be a stupid question because you haven't seen me play or anything, but anyways, ive been playing for around 8 months maybe
These are the songs i can play from beginning to end only with a few mistakes, so no sloppy playing:

Trivium - Like light to flies (except the solo)
Sum 41- The hell song
Avenged sevenfold = Unholy Confessions
Bullet for my valentine = Suffocating under words of sorrow (excep the fast solo part)
Bullet for my valentine Hand of blood (cant do the fast solo part)
In flames = Cloud connected
Lamb of god = laid to rest

But the thing is i play all of the above songs with downpicking for the most part because my alternate picking is abit sloppy at the moment.

So, how do you think i've progressed since i started, am i bad for 8 months? or good?

These threads are utterly pointless, which is why they get closed.

Listing a bunch of stuff means nothing, there's a massive differenece between what you think you can play and how well you can actually play it.

*reported*
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
These threads are utterly pointless, which is why they get closed.

Listing a bunch of stuff means nothing, there's a massive differenece between what you think you can play and how well you can actually play it.

*reported*

These posts are utterly pointless, which is why it makes you look like a douche.

Listing a bunch of stuff to bash this guy means nothing, there's a massive difference between looking like an asshole, and contributing...

Having said that, yes it would be better if the TS had either asked for more songs near his ability area... or posted something asking what he should work on... but I'll answer those questions anyways.

While those songs aren't virtuoso songs... they're not easy for someone who has been playing for 8 months at all.

I'd recommend you some Coheed and Cambria...
I have to agree that we can't really judge your playing without seeing you play. If I were you, I'd start working on my alternate picking right away. Alternate picking is a big part of playing guitar, and you'd probably find it much easier to play certain songs. Laid To Rest is a hard song to downpick the whole time. I'd actually like to see that.

I think you should take you're time to work on alot of the things you're having trouble with. I'm not going to say you're good or bad, but I deffinatly know you're furthur then I was at 8 months of playing.
Quote by roshjosh
These posts are utterly pointless, which is why it makes you look like a douche.

Listing a bunch of stuff to bash this guy means nothing, there's a massive difference between looking like an asshole, and contributing...

Having said that, yes it would be better if the TS had either asked for more songs near his ability area... or posted something asking what he should work on... but I'll answer those questions anyways.

While those songs aren't virtuoso songs... they're not easy for someone who has been playing for 8 months at all.

I'd recommend you some Coheed and Cambria...

There's a crapload of posts like this every week, and they're all pointless and they all get locked, same as this one will.

Nobody can tell you anything about your playing from a list of stuff you wrote down - i people want an "assessment" of their playing then they need to post something in the Riffs and Recordings section and ask for crits.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
There's a crapload of posts like this every week, and they're all pointless and they all get locked, same as this one will.

Nobody can tell you anything about your playing from a list of stuff you wrote down - i people want an "assessment" of their playing then they need to post something in the Riffs and Recordings section and ask for crits.

+1

TS, you need someone to listen to your playing, not just say "I can play...", because, chances are, you aren't as good as you think. The best way to learn is to have someone else crit you. Post some recordings on youtube and put some links in riffs and recordings.