Hello people. I need some help. I bought a fender Stratocaster standard Mexican made. For some reason I used 12 gauge in it because of that the action got higher and my guitar feels a lot more tensed . What I would like to know is weather 12 gauge strings could harm my guitar in any way like bending the neck or damaging the bridge in any way. Further more, how can I bring my action back down to its original place because I some how love the 12 gauge tone.thanks
You'll need to adjust the intonation. The reason they're tight too is because they're thicker stings, which adds more tension to the neck. If you went from something like a 9 gauge to a 12 gauge your guitar is going to need some serious work as far as adjustments go.
You can try lowering the action, but I would look at other sites showing how to adjust things like that. It could also be a truss rod problem you're facing too. Either way, google it, and there should be plenty of places to show you how to do stuff like that.
Quote by bombsquadjunky
You'll need to adjust the intonation. The reason they're tight too is because they're thicker stings, which adds more tension to the neck. If you went from something like a 9 gauge to a 12 gauge your guitar is going to need some serious work as far as adjustments go.
You can try lowering the action, but I would look at other sites showing how to adjust things like that. It could also be a truss rod problem you're facing too. Either way, google it, and there should be plenty of places to show you how to do stuff like that.

^ I second that. I like 10/48 setup myself.
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
It's got nothing to do with the intonation - TS, you need to add a couple of springs to the trem.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
thanks for the reply .
have an other guitar jackson js-20(its a replica) but the thing is the bridge is exatly the same . can i take off the spring for it and put it in the fender? would it be allright.?
and
would it effect my guitar's intonation.?
i had a problem with my MIA by putting on 12 guage strings all you need to do is add some more springs into the back and it will be fine. do it soon tho cuz i went to a gig and in the middle of it i noticed that my bridge was bending up about 2 inches inword... don't make the same mistake i did just put in some more springs at it will be okay