I have tried running my OD pedal in the effects loop and running straight into the front of the amp. What do you think is the best way. I notice I get a lot more distortion running in the front of the amp, but get a cleaner creamier distortion running the effects loop. What do you think is the best method and why?
IMO OD's should always go through the front of your amp. But opinion is subject to tatse.
Breakfast; the most importent drink of the day.
I run mine through the effects loop as a solo boost, gives me a nice clear sound with an increase in volume and sustain. When I ran it in front of the amp there wasn't enough volume boost for me and it just made the guitar sound heavier than I wanted no matter what setting I put it on.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Yeah I generally also run through the front of the amp. I do chorus and delay through the effects loop, but was wondering if anyone else had a different opinion of why to do one or the other. Thanks for the responses though.
I run it in front of the amp, Drive 0, Volume 10, tone just over half. I use it as a boost.

If you use it as an overdrive I have it EQed with more gain and much less volume. I haven't tried it in the effects loop, I've always heard of them being used in front of the amp.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
I run it in front of the amp, Drive 0, Volume 10, tone just over half. I use it as a boost.

If you use it as an overdrive I have it EQed with more gain and much less volume. I haven't tried it in the effects loop, I've always heard of them being used in front of the amp.

+1

Run mine the same exact way...
Quote by MESAexplorer

+2

as do I.
Quote by coryklok
My god.

Your username... it's amazing.

Yup.