Hello all,

While playing today I made a terrible mistake of turning around to quickly and hitting the back end of my rickenbacker 4003 on my drum set leaving a tiny tiny chip out of the finish

I'm so very pissed off at myself and im extremely frustrated.

is there any way I can fill in this dent?
Its one of those things you cant see from 3 feet away, but it still really makes me feel stupid to have done that to a 2K+ instrument.
I remember my first chip in my gibson. I started yelling obcenities when I saw it and my buddy came runnin down to the basement cuz he thought I broke my leg or something. It still pisses me off today when I think about it.
The religious myth is the most powerful device ever created, and serves as the psychological soil upon which other myths can flourish.
dents are what makes your bass personal and rare to you..i got this fatty one on the beck of my neck on my fender jazz and ive grown used to it..and i feel uncomfortable playing a bass that doesnt have that there lol
Haha

Just because you want to see the dent, right?

EDIT: no can do, house is under reno and my camera is in a box somewhere
Last edited by TheDistrict at Nov 5, 2008,
Good, I'm glad you dented it. You got that out of the way. Now you won't be so fanatic about the condition of the bass and will play it with reckless abandon, like it should have been played.

I mean, Paul McCartney actually reshaped the body of his Ric fer Chrissakes.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Good, I'm glad you dented it. You got that out of the way. Now you won't be so fanatic about the condition of the bass and will play it with reckless abandon, like it should have been played.

I mean, Paul McCartney actually reshaped the body of his Ric fer Chrissakes.

thefitz said it right. Chris Squire had his ric shaved down all over to remove some stupid flower stickers!

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
I know what you mean, i dented my ric slightly as well after barely owning it for 6 months (I cried, btw). However, there's a plus side to all of this:
Now, it's not just anyones rickenbacker, it's yours, it's unique and you can finally enjoy it without worrying about dents/scratches. Just make sure you treat it with respect.
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.
good. now you can light on fire.

seriously, don't worry. now, if some jackass steals, you know how to identify it.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Rock and Roll baby.

Nothing like a few dents and nicks to give an instrument a bit of character.
Mine is just wood with no paint color so when it dents i can barely see it :p - either way i wouldn't care though because...well you cant expect your guitar to just be scratchless for ever - it builds character....er your guitars character...?
Quote by Applehead
Rock and Roll baby.

Nothing like a few dents and nicks to give an instrument a bit of character.

any rock 'n' roll dents in your urge II then?
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0

Yeah, I damn near killed my guitar player when he put the first dent in my Schecter. Now, I don't worry about it, and Marla hasn't been scratched since
Quote by skater dan0

One on the headstock and one on the bottom, both done at home so not very rock n roll at all really...
Quote by TheDistrict
I know but

:'(

My ricky
I almost feel obliged to apologize to it

Hell, I apologized to my cheap Ibanez when I hit it on the ceiling fan when I was taking it off at band practice, my guitarist and drummer thought I was crazy.
Thefitz is right, you got it outta the way so now you won't freak out if it happens again (of course you can apologize and take it out to a nice dinner as repayment, if you still feel bad)
The first dent is one of the worst feelings ever...
pandora.com for kick ass free radio.
When I bought my '86 Stingray, it was covered in mojo. A true music veteran of the 90's. Although I respect and care for the instrument, it definately gets played with aforementioned "reckless abandon". Fortunately I haven't added any extra mojo to it yet, but that's likely coming in the future.

My Warwicks- despite being used- are completely blemish free, and I certainly try to keep them as pristine as possible. They still get the s*** played out of them, but I do my best to avoid accidents.
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
I have two major chips out of my Ibanez--and a nice scratch on my EBMM. The Epi has road wear.

And look at it this way--you have a story for each scratch and dent AND someday some poor bloke at some major guitar manufacturer custom shop will spend endless hours replicating every scratch and dent on your signature relic-ed bass if your lucky.
Quote by IndianRockStar

Yeah, I damn near killed my guitar player when he put the first dent in my Schecter. Now, I don't worry about it, and Marla hasn't been scratched since

It's funny, I almost took this girl's head off with my old Charvel's headstock back when I was on residence at university. If you've ever seen one of those headstocks, it probably could have done the job. Boy did I feel good about myself.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..