I often alternate tunings between D standard and Drop C on my normal guitar, but i recently bought a guitar with a Floyd Rose, should i just use the fine tuners to tune my lowest string down, or should i take of the locking things, tune it, then put them back on?
Thanks in advance.
Yeah having a floyd rose it really cool except for that you wont be able to use the fine tuners u will have to unlock it
keep one guitar in d, and the other in drop C, its too fiddly to re-set-up your floyd everytime you want to change tunings
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
Ok cool, but is it possible to just take off the lockings, tune it down then put the lockings back on, and the floyd is still ok?
You could but then you would have to re-adjust the floyd rose so that its floating properly.
yeah, you'd have to re-adjust the spring in the back if you were to do it properly, 'cause you wouldn't get it in tune accuratly otherwise.

it'd be much easier to keep one guitar in one tuning, and maybe adjust the floyd for another tuning for a 'special' occasion or something
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.