Also whats the difference between the Fender Stander Strat and the Fender HSS Strat? Their both the same price so whats the difference besides the name?
the pickups are different in that HSS means Humbucker/Single/single while the standard is SSS three Single coils.
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab
Quote by Korea Rocks

Also whats the difference between the Fender Stander Strat and the Fender HSS Strat? Their both the same price so whats the difference besides the name?

the pickups, the Standard has three single coils and HSS has a two single coils and a humbucker
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
H-S-S has a humbucker pick up in the bridge position and single coils in the rest, whilst the standard strat is an S-S-S becasuse it has all singlecoil pick ups
So they make different sounds? Which one is better than the other or like which one plays what kind of genre?
Humbuckers got a fatter sound while distorted, and a warmer sound while clean. Fits for everything from metal to jazz.

Single-coils make a "noisier" sound, more rock'n'rollish (hard to explain). A classic rock guitar tone.

I prefer humbuckers, I can't play on those weaky farken single-coils...
So the humbucker ones are good to play rock,soft rock, pop, funk, and hiphopish? Great for canon rock?
With an HSS, you'll have the option to play anything. You can get a fat distorted tone out of the humbucker, and that hendrix tone out of the single coils. Get the HSS.
Just play them both, and buy the one that feels good. You'll know which one it is, just try a bunch of each model out until you find a good one. Don't be afraid to check another guitar out if you see one in your price range, you never know if you'll fall in love with it. For example, I hated telecasters until I played one, now I've gotta have one.
um by chance do you have no previous knowledge of guitars
because epiphone dont make a model called the g-44 but make a g-400
also and american strat costs like £700 and the epi £170 so thats quitar a big difference in quality
and tone
and also dont forget an amp cos even the best gibson will sound bad through a rubbish amp
(as i found out with my spider)
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Quote by digman50
um by chance do you have no previous knowledge of guitars
because epiphone dont make a model called the g-44 but make a g-400
also and american strat costs like £700 and the epi £170 so thats quitar a big difference in quality
and tone
and also dont forget an amp cos even the best gibson will sound bad through a rubbish amp
(as i found out with my spider)

He's talking about a mexi strat, and it's a typo for the G-400. He had a previous thread, and he's looking for his first guitar.
you were the guy earlier basing you deciesion off of funtwo werent you?
get a strat it will be more versitail especailly hss one
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
hums and singles are an acquired taste, you can like one more than the other but its always my opinion that neither are better than the other, even across the genres. its just down to your own taste
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
Wait am I confusing you guys and myself as well? I'm talking about the Fender Standard HSS the one that costs 399 which is the same as the Epiphone G-400 because the american one is like 1000+ and I cant own that one and if people are talking about that one then whats the specs for the Standard one and if you guys are talking about the standard one then thx :S

Talking about this guitar

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Standard-HSS-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=516039
Quote by Korea Rocks
Ok thx guys I'm just still decideing wheter to get strat or epiphone g-44

if your interested i might sell you mine for cheap, it needs pickups though, it's got some dings, then again if your new you may not want to because it does need pickups, nevermind.