So as the thread title states, I'm looking for a new acoustic-electric.
At the moment the only acoustic that I have is my old cheap acoustic that I had bought quite some time ago.
My budget is around 260£ ( around 360$, I think? ) But I live in Lithuania so everything will be a bit pricier here.
Anyway, there's some brands that I could look into:
Takamine, Ovation, Epiphone, Washburn, Cort, Crafter, Ibanez and Yamaha. That's about it, please don't suggest any other brands because I would have a hard time finding them here.
As far as the tone goes, I want it to have a nice low end and good mids. I hope that it's possible to have both . I'm not sure what kind of woods would I need, thought.
And as long as I am here I'll go ahead and ask another question. What gauge would I need if I'm going to play it tuned down a whole step? 11s or 12s would be fine on electric, but how about acoustic?

Thanks in advance!
Quote by stinger12345
It even says "High Quality" in the title, so you KNOW it's quality
I have an Ibanez Talman. It's excellent for the price and I recommend you try it, but forget about it if you don't like a slightly smaller body. It has a middlish tone, not too much bass nor treble. You should check it out.
Quote by Mad Marius
No, I saw them on that documentary, Jurassic Park. They walked around and ate electric fences and people.
Quote by mattfm
I have an Ibanez Talman. It's excellent for the price and I recommend you try it, but forget about it if you don't like a slightly smaller body. It has a middlish tone, not too much bass nor treble. You should check it out.

I'll definitely look into it but I'm not too keen on the body shape. I'll still try to play with it, if I can find it, thought.
Do you have any experience with Ibanez EW series? I've seen couple of them in my local store's website.
Quote by stinger12345
It even says "High Quality" in the title, so you KNOW it's quality