I want to buy a pair of headphones that I can plug into my amp so I don't piss of my roommate. As with anything I want to maximize performance/quality while minimizing price. Anyone have any suggestions?
Quote by silky feather
I want to buy a pair of headphones that I can plug into my amp so I don't piss of my roommate. As with anything I want to maximize performance/quality while minimizing price. Anyone have any suggestions?

it wont make too much of a differance whatever headphones you use, but the BIG ones that go over your head with the big muffs will give you the best quality ... i reccomend Skull Candy... they are sexy headphones
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
^Skull Candy headphones get mixed reviews and I hear they break pretty easily. But the ones that go over your ears will help to block out noise and typically sound better. How much are you willing to spend?
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
I personally recommend any AKG headphones...in your case, circumaural (over the ear). You'll want semi-closed or closed so that the sound doesn't leak out much.

It can handle my headbanging and they have good bass...I personally use a K301Xtra...K77 or 99s will do well and don't cost much. Just slide them on and they'll stick to your head. The cable's long and thick too.

Another solid brand is Sennheiser. The HD202 isn't as headbang proof, but it is very affordable and sounds great.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Quote by thsrayas
^Skull Candy headphones get mixed reviews and I hear they break pretty easily. But the ones that go over your ears will help to block out noise and typically sound better. How much are you willing to spend?

At most like $50.
Skull candies look nice but quality wise they are SHIT.

Do yourself a favor. Sennheiser HD-555's, HD-595's, and to a lesser extend HD280's, and Grado SR80's.

Don't be intimidated by Bose or Sony, they're overpriced
I spent $20 on Sony MDR-V150 Dynamic Stereo Headphones. They're very durable, the cord is long so you aren't tied to your amp, and I've been plugging them straight into my Jam Man since I bought the Jam Man because my amp is crap. I bought them at guitar center and I see somebody else with these everytime I leave the house so they shouldn't be too hard to find. They carry all frequencies well for as long as I've been using them, they don't make the music sound muffled like some crappy Ear Bud headphones do.
Ibanez SR505

EBS MultiComp
BOSS GEB-7

Ampeg SVT 4-Pro
Ampeg SVT 810E
I got a Sennheiser HD125 for my birthday, its very sexy.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
+1 for AKG. Sennheiser also makes good headphones.

You'll want closed to block sound, and to prevent leakage.
I have to agree Skullcandy break easy. A friend of mine went through 2 or 3 fairly quick but it may have been other people abusing it too.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab