Aight UG ,

First of all I need to say that my intrest in guitar playing is slightly starting to loose it grip on me.
So I want to change that , but nothing caught' my eye , exept this instrumental songs ...
I always found them impressive

For example : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnjoAyIncFo&feature=channel

I'm not that good at guitar , hmm maybe I even suck ...
But how the hell do you start with something like that ? How can you come up with that? If there is any way to learn this technique or if someone can guide me in the direction how to start learning to make instrumental covers , my guitar wouldnt stand a chance hangin 5 more minutes on the wall right next to me ...

So thanks in advance and hopelly someone can halp me 3

Cheers guys
you want to play vocals on the guitar? i have to admit, its a lot more awesome than singing the guitar.

the best way to do it is to get a guitar pro file of a song that has the vocals tabbed out, and work it from there. i did it a few times. then you just add little bits and pieces of your own that sound good.
What do you mean ? How can you tab out vocals ? :p
Im sorry if I make myself like an idiot now .
I cant read sheet music or so , I only read tabs ... but who would be tabbing out vocal lines ? you just sing it , I know its also in a key , but you just have to sing it like its on the record...

?
Quote by PearlFoo
What do you mean ? How can you tab out vocals ? :p
Im sorry if I make myself like an idiot now .
I cant read sheet music or so , I only read tabs ... but who would be tabbing out vocal lines ? you just sing it , I know its also in a key , but you just have to sing it like its on the record...

?

if you have guitar pro, you can use it to look up certain songs. some guitar pro tabs have the vocals tabbed out as well (i dont really know why). for example, i was looking at a tab for the trooper by iron maiden, and they had the two guitar tracks tabbed out, they had the drum and bass, but they also had bruce's voice tabbed out. i guess its so singers know what note theyre supposed to be singing (maybe?)

and its cool, most UGers only read tabs anyway. same here

sometimes what you can do is play guitar while listening to the song, and instead of trying to actually play along with the guitars, you can try to match the notes you play to the vocals instead. it takes some getting used to, but after some practice youll get good at it
Hey thanks mate !
And if I now take easy songs ( with 4 chords or so ...) How do I know in which key it is ...
And if I figured that out , how do I know which scale to use ? minor , major , blues and all the other theoretic things I don't understand :s
i have no idea actually. i think the key is whatever note the chord that it starts on is. guitar pro has a scale finder tool, that should help. use the scale finder tool on the guitar track and the vocal track, see what you get. any of those scales that it comes up with should work

but the important thing is that it should sound good. thats basically what scales are; patterns of notes that sound good.
Quote by PearlFoo
Aight UG ,

First of all I need to say that my intrest in guitar playing is slightly starting to loose it grip on me.
So I want to change that , but nothing caught' my eye , exept this instrumental songs ...
I always found them impressive

For example : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnjoAyIncFo&feature=channel

I'm not that good at guitar , hmm maybe I even suck ...
But how the hell do you start with something like that ? How can you come up with that? If there is any way to learn this technique or if someone can guide me in the direction how to start learning to make instrumental covers , my guitar wouldnt stand a chance hangin 5 more minutes on the wall right next to me ...

So thanks in advance and hopelly someone can halp me 3

Cheers guys

its becaues you need to learn other stuff... maybe you got stuck and arent advancing... guitar is the best thing that can happen to you
Just to clarify for you, the singer has certain notes to hit when singing. If you've every played rock band you can see a representation of this. Or, almost every tab book I've seen for older stuff (Dylan, Eagles) has got both the tablature and notation. Generally you'll see a treble clef and then a treble and bass clef. The first is the vocal.

That said, you simply have to figure out what notes the vocals are sang in.

In GuitarPro, use Tools>Scales>Find to get the key. I got C Major when I did this. If you have the piano board open in GuitarPro, this will begin to make a lot more sense to you. I'm learning myself about this sort of thing, but you'll see that all the notes on the C Maj scale are normal... ie, none of them are sharp or flat. The rest of the chords are played off notes on this scale. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_scale Anyway, as far as I've learned, the chords you play are derivatives (being of the notes on the scale) of the base chord. So, it's possible its the first chord but its not a rule. For example, if this song were to use a Bb instead of B, you'd switch from a C maj to a F maj.