So I decided to get this Bass insted of that yamaha. I just wanna know if any one has any complaints about it. Is it a good bass? Can I get better 5 string bass for under $400? Help me out.
RIP Kurt Cobain 1967-1994

Guitar Gear:
Squier Jagmaster (killswitch, dimarzio super dist. &tone zone pups)
Digitech Rp80
Digitech death metal
Dunlop Wah

Squier Bullet

Bass:
Ibanez Sr305
Ibanez gio
Fender rumble 100
1. Fretboard is made of plastic, is very clacky and gets a coat of scratches within a few days.
2. High pitched frizzle if you boost the treble at all.
3. Slap switch is shit.
4. Looks awesome in white.
5. STOP! Decent amp THEN decent bass.
6. String positition at the headstock makes altering the truss rod a pain in the arse.
7. Sounds awesome so long as you have a semi decent amp.
8. But it's still just a squier made from very crappy parts.
Its a fairly good bass but keep looking at other stuff. You could probably get a second hand ibanez sr for that much or a cort. It'll do but look at some other options aswell.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
I have a fender rumble 100, i really like the sound from it, I kinda have to know what bass is perfect for me by tomm hhaha. like i said close to $300...How good are peavey milleniums?

Guitar Gear:
Digitech Rp80
Digitech death metal
Dunlop Wah

Squier Bullet

Bass:
Ibanez Sr305
Ibanez gio
Fender rumble 100
I take it your in a more practice/home playing situation than gigging right? If you we're gigging I'd say go for a more powerful amp but that really isn't important if your not. The only gripe I have about the Squier deluxe V is the plastic fretboard. I'd recommend a Ibanez 5 string SR or SRX, there not my thing but they are pretty nice to play (considering buying one myself) but I'm more likely to go for a Fender MIM standard V over one. But just go to a shop with your budget in mind and try everything you can afford and see what you like best!
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
Quote by Rywad
I take it your in a more practice/home playing situation than gigging right? If you we're gigging I'd say go for a more powerful amp but that really isn't important if your not. The only gripe I have about the Squier deluxe V is the plastic fretboard. I'd recommend a Ibanez 5 string SR or SRX, there not my thing but they are pretty nice to play (considering buying one myself) but I'm more likely to go for a Fender MIM standard V over one. But just go to a shop with your budget in mind and try everything you can afford and see what you like best!

Well i was looking at ibanez, but i need something for slap and popping. I play alot of primus/rhcp and idk if ibanez have that sort of sound.

Guitar Gear:
Digitech Rp80
Digitech death metal
Dunlop Wah

Squier Bullet

Bass:
Ibanez Sr305
Ibanez gio
Fender rumble 100
Why dont you use youre own sound when playing ive found a sound i like and eq it a bit for diiferent playing style but still. Ibanez are still really.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
Why dont you use youre own sound when playing ive found a sound i like and eq it a bit for diiferent playing style but still. Ibanez are still really.

ibanez are still??

Guitar Gear:
Digitech Rp80
Digitech death metal
Dunlop Wah

Squier Bullet

Bass:
Ibanez Sr305
Ibanez gio
Fender rumble 100
Ibanez are pretty good for slap and pop, there better than lets say... A P-bass, even though you can slap to a certain extent on any bass. At the moment I've got a tone I love so much eq'd with a bit of compression its like really nice sounding and works for nearly everything I play. Sounds pretty lush with slap as well.
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Sorry really good is what i meant.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by Rywad
Ibanez are pretty good for slap and pop, there better than lets say... A P-bass, even though you can slap to a certain extent on any bass. At the moment I've got a tone I love so much eq'd with a bit of compression its like really nice sounding and works for nearly everything I play. Sounds pretty lush with slap as well.

ok got ya

Guitar Gear:
Digitech Rp80
Digitech death metal
Dunlop Wah

Squier Bullet

Bass:
Ibanez Sr305
Ibanez gio
Fender rumble 100
Not sure on the price in America but I tried a Fender MIM Standard Jazz V and I found it pretty nice, it was about £390 so I dunno how much it would be in dollars. or the US for that matter.
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

the american is way better especially the deluxe, but ya look into a different bass if you can. also look into a different amp.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
the american is way better especially the deluxe, but ya look into a different bass if you can. also look into a different amp.

yeh i bought the ibanez SR305DX...i love it. I tried out the squier and the volume/input was "fuged" so i was like u know wut the ugers told me ibanez, and now im way happier i got it...thanks guys

Guitar Gear:
Digitech Rp80
Digitech death metal
Dunlop Wah

Squier Bullet

Bass:
Ibanez Sr305
Ibanez gio
Fender rumble 100
Go you and good choice. Hope you have plaenty of happy playing hours.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
man have a look at an LTD B-55
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
Quote by fatgoogle
Go you and good choice. Hope you have plaenty of happy playing hours.

haha i will.

Guitar Gear:
Digitech Rp80
Digitech death metal
Dunlop Wah

Squier Bullet

Bass:
Ibanez Sr305
Ibanez gio
Fender rumble 100