John Petrucci - Rock Discipline

The basic method is to slow down, economise your motion, eliminate excess muscle tension, get everything perfectly accurate; then take the tempo up a notch and repeat.

Speed is a byproduct of accuracy.
Rock Discipline is almost an industry standard for metal and shred instructional videos but also good are Paul Gilbert's Intense Rock videos and any lessons by Guthrie Govan; some might be a bit basic but he explains everything very well and anyone will tell you: if you haven't got the basics down then you'll end up being a terrible player.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by o_hai_dere
anymore?

If you watch, practice and understand the ones suggested you won't need any others. Or at least not for technique anyway, for theory videos aren't the best way to learn on their own anyway.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by blue_strat
John Petrucci - Rock Discipline

I've never actually watched Rock Discipline, BUT I have only heard the BEST of things about it. I plan on buying it soon, really interested to see what all the rave is about, plus I love Petrucci so I dont see how I wont like it.
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
Quote by nvranka
I've never actually watched Rock Discipline, BUT I have only heard the BEST of things about it. I plan on buying it soon, really interested to see what all the rave is about, plus I love Petrucci so I dont see how I wont like it.

It's a pretty good video really, in terms of practice there's really nothing new in there but he does go into some arrangement things, chord construction and stuff like that so it's the most complete instructional video I've seen. Not only that but it's Petrucci at the height of his powers and there's a couple of improvised solos in there that are pretty bloody good.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Richie Kotzen-Rock Chops

great for legato, sweeping, legato sweeping, tapping, and others.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.