It's coming from either the body, or the saddle. It's very different from fret buzz, so don't even suggest it. Whenever I pluck a string, any string(except maybe low E) I get a buzz that sounds like it's coming from the saddle, but when I pluck it again with my finger pressing on the saddle, it still comes back. I've tried to look inside the electronics and what no and can't seem to determine what it is.
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
are you able to hear it when it's unplugged?
Quote by Mad Marius
No, I saw them on that documentary, Jurassic Park. They walked around and ate electric fences and people.
Yes, I also hear it when plugged in. It's not the amp I know that.
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
what style bridge do you have?
Quote by Nakon14

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Crate GTD65
Vox DA5
Maybe tuners are loose.
ESP Eclipse-II VTB (With 18v Mod)
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
I'm guessing it's either something really odd going on with the nut, or you're downtuning too far, or your truss rod needs adjusting a lot, or your action's way too low/high. I've never had problems with high action since I like it as low as humanely possible without risking fret buzz but apparently it's possible...

I'd take it to a guitar shop or a luthier (or someone else who knows their stuff).

Maybe tuners are loose.

That wouldn't affect fret buzz, it'd just be impossible to tune... and I think he would've noticed if his tuners were falling off. =P

Also, I doubt all of them would go simultaneously; the problem's across all the strings.

*edit* This is pretty unlikely, but maybe fret wear's the cause? I've never encountered it myself, so I don't know the symptoms very well, but it's a possibility, albeit a minor one.
Last edited by MopMaster at Nov 5, 2008,
try raising your action just to see if it goes away. check the little locking nuts on the tuners are tight.
Once again, not fret related, I already adjusted truss rod and action to get rid of that! It's a tune-o-matic type of bridge. The only way I can fix it is to untune the string, take it off the saddle, then put it back on, but it will come back later. It's really odd.

proof it's not fret buzz: 1. I can see it not touching. 2. 23rd fret does the same thing.
the saddle might be rattling in the bridge. wedge a bit of sponge against it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I said tuners because I had the same problem of one of the rattling whenever I played a note. The vibrations in the body cause it to rattle.

Also it might be one of the tuners is stuffed. Like when the string is not on it wobbles about

But It could also be the saddle. So yea. Keep trying stuff till it stops.
ESP Eclipse-II VTB (With 18v Mod)
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
could be the strings rattling against the back of the bridge, try raising the tailpiece to the point where the string only touches the saddle.