Hey guys! My friend is just learning bass and recently put a Greg Bennett CR1 on layaway until christmas http://www.gregbennettguitars.com/cr1.html (there it is
). Since I only play guitar I dont really know much about bass guitars so I'd be about a good of a judge as my friend on how good this bass is. I was just wondering if this would be a good start for him

p.s. He is a complete beginner, has had no lessons and has only played one before in our local shop.

Thanks in advance
My Gear
Yamaha Pacifica (D'addario Flatwound)
Roland Cube 60 watt
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Boss RC-2
Montana Acoustic Guitar(Martin Regular)
It looks quite nice and th specs are ok. Mind hell need a bass amp and cant use a guitar one. Al so look out for ibanez gsr and squire vm. Whats your price range. If thats the only thing he can get i reckon it will be ok. Make sure he gets some lessons.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Yeah i told him to get some lessons at our local shop or thorugh a friend of mine. His mom is paying for the guitar and he just got a job so he's going to get an amp through his own money. Thanks for the help
My Gear
Yamaha Pacifica (D'addario Flatwound)
Roland Cube 60 watt
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Boss RC-2
Montana Acoustic Guitar(Martin Regular)
Friend owns one. Total piece of shit, wouldn't recommend it.
The music store in my hometown carries them, and I own an A/E Greg Bennett bass...never had any problems with them. I've played that exact model, and it's very good with a proper setup. I'd put GB on par with the best of them in that price range. The necks feel really similar to Ibanez necks, which is a good thing, and they don't sound half bad at all.
Nope, no sig here.