I got some medium scale strings for my bass and the get smaller before passing the nut. I've never had this problem before but I'm pretty sure that long scale strings are too long. I have a picture if needed.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Yeahhhh, that's not good. Long scale strings can be cut down, you can't extend mediums.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Do you mean they taper down or that they are to loose in the nut or that they are to short.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
Do you mean they taper down or that they are to loose in the nut or that they are to short.

He means they taper down, like how the strings get thinner so you can push them into that hole in machine heads.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Yea, I had a feeling that wasn't good. I'll try and pick up some new ones soon and hopefully something to replace my Behringer. While I have a thread made, I've heard many good things about Rotos...I know they can do Metal but how do they fare playing Jazz and pop and slap stuff?
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
actually most strings taper of dont they. but why should this cause a problem unless they strech far enough or rattle in the nut.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
actually most strings taper of dont they. but why should this cause a problem unless they strech far enough or rattle in the nut.

I'm getting terrible fret buzz because the tapered end is holding the string up so it's lower than normal. I'm not in a huge rush to change them since I won't need open strings too much for Jazz practice and besides that I'm the only one who will hear the buzzing.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Im always wondering do some pickups actually transmit that sound cause i think they do. Like the string is buzzing so the pickups will pick it up. Is this true.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
Im always wondering do some pickups actually transmit that sound cause i think they do. Like the string is buzzing so the pickups will pick it up. Is this true.

When I first put these on I could hear the buzzing through the amp.

It's kind of hard to see the taper.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Yeah, a guy came here with the same problem on his Carvin.

When in doubt, buy extra long scale.
34" is long scale.
35" is extra long scale.
32" (I think) is medium scale, so you bought the wrong set, sorry.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Yes, 32"...I'll remember from now on that I need 35".
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
If you're stringing it through the body try string it throught the bridge (if you can). The strings I have now can't go through the body, only through the bridge to get the taper past the nut. This might not work if you bought mediums though.
Quote by anarkee
Rotos do well for Jazz, rock and funk. Very versatile strings.

Sounds good, thanks. Hopefully I'll like them...I'm trying to get more consistent with my habits so I can start exploring EQing more and find a certain tone that I like.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls