Alrigghhttey,
I'm up to putting the studs for my Edge in my guitar build but I would like to know the real difference of locking studs as opposed to non locking and how they actually work.
I dunno if it's just the lack of sleep I've had or maybe a mental block but I can't understand that pictures of them...

I've given google a quick search and the search bar hasn't answered my questions either.

Help is much appreciated.
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
i didn't even know there where locking studs and non locking studs... i thought there was just studs?
Yeah, so did I!

Until I read the lawl.net/gtr/trems thing and they said that they removed the locking studs for the Edge Pro and that locking studs work better apparently...
dude there isnt any difference, its a marketting ploy. if you ahve 22o pounds of pressure pulling on those tremolo studs, they arent moving, but when your floyd rose is OFF of your guitar, i can see you getting benefits from it, i think.
Quote by LP Addict
dude there isnt any difference, its a marketting ploy. if you ahve 22o pounds of pressure pulling on those tremolo studs, they arent moving, but when your floyd rose is OFF of your guitar, i can see you getting benefits from it, i think.

o rly? The studs will wobble, it's a fact. Locking studs don't as much.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Ah sweet as, mine FR is an Edge (I prefer them to OFR's) with some Gotoh studs so I reckon i'll be fine!