now that I have a chromatic tuner i decided to experiment with some alternate tunings. I have put my acoustic in open E and would really quite like to try out a slide, when looking on the internet i found that there is more than one type of slide, with brass, glass, and steel in various shapes too.
i have no idea what any of this means and what difference they make so any help would be very welcome!
Last edited by symanoy at Nov 5, 2008,
i use dunlop glass slides cause the give more of a clean slide form modern type stuff
metal slides give a kina hissy thing like old school blues
it all depends on your prefrance so try experimenting with different slides
fight the power... with peace

Originally Posted by Cockpuncher 2.0
Fail town, population you

When God said "Let there be light", Joey Jordison said "Say please".

Man is a universe within himself
Bob Marley
I say get a bottleneck slide. Metal ones sound kinda harsh, like a dobro/resonator slide. Glass bottleneck ones sound more warm, more like a lap-steel would. Id go with a glass one myslef, but try both if you can.