sorry i can't find a pic yet. anyway i was in the pawn shop here and they just got a gibson sg in. it's a red with a set neck with the serial numbers on it and made in the u.s.a. it has to humbuckers, crescent moon inlays on the fretboard, toggle switch, and a tune-o-matic bridge, any ideas? its $500 bucks, should i jump on it?
sounds like a standard dont know bout those inlays though if not a knock off and really made in the usa its probably worth it
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Put the serial number into somewhere? I've never done it since I've only ever bought guitars new, so google is your friend here.

Only defining feature over your run-of-the-mill SG is the neck inlays, so if I was looking to find the model I'd be on the look out for that.

But it's a Gibson for downwards of $1000, that's quite a find by my (not very great, I prefer more brutal guitars) knowledge. I'd do some research and buy if you like what you find.
Quote by southpaw_tdg
ok so here is a picture

looks like a special faded to me, apart from the inlays... although they could've been "upgraded"
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Yeah, I knew it, its a special edition SG Special Faded with the moon inlays. There aren't too many of them around. I'd get it.
I think it's just a faded sg.
I remember seeing faded v's with crescent inlays,
i'm pretty sure they just decided to do that for a limited time around 2005?
It might have been before that and I could totally be off, but for some reason 2005 rings a bell
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
faded special. Sells new for about $830.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by gucio93
I think it's just a faded sg.
I remember seeing faded v's with crescent inlays,
i'm pretty sure they just decided to do that for a limited time around 2005?
It might have been before that and I could totally be off, but for some reason 2005 rings a bell

It's a Faded SG. I've seen the V's with those inlays too. The first and fifth numbers in the serial number will tell you the year. Example 036970432 would be a 2007 model.
its an old faded special, they used to have those inlays, now they are just the dots