It will only be a practice amp. The music I will play is Cream, Aerosmith, The Who, LZ, AC/DC and a few other bands like those.
one of those small oranges maybe? i tried a valve one (forgot the model)
but it was 30w and it was a valve amp and it was nice as hell
Check out a Blackheart, they're around that range and can handle those tones.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by Skierinanutshel
the epi valve jr?

+1, I have one and will testify to it's awesomeness. Spend money on pedals after you buy the amp itself (OD, EQ, flanger, chorus and wah) and you'll be set for anything, pedals can be used with your main amp, built-in effects can't.

EDIT: also, Orange amps are out of your price range, like the guy I'm quoting edited to say.
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by Skierinanutshel
the epi valve jr?

edit: to the orange guy...the smallest tube amp(15/7 watts) they make is $550 for only the head, right?

well i have no idea about that mate : /
im sure it was a valve combo! and it was orange.
but yeah idk bout that, and im kinda sure my memory isnt doing a big FAIL on me x3
Why do you want it to be valve for less than 300$ when you know that a valve amp cannot possibly sound like a valve amp at that price.. ? There's an 8 watts Peavey Valveking at 249.99$ pricelist.. maybe there's a 1x12 combo around 300$ for sale in your area...
My gear:
-Ibanez JS 6000 Custom w/ 11-48 gauge
-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
Quote by skvvisgaar
+1, I have one and will testify to it's awesomeness. Spend money on pedals after you buy the amp itself (OD, EQ, flanger, chorus and wah) and you'll be set for anything, pedals can be used with your main amp, built-in effects can't.

EDIT: also, Orange amps are out of your price range, like the guy I'm quoting edited to say.

+1, my VJ is perfect for those tones. I highly recommend an od and pedal with it too.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Valve Jr. then use the left over funds to go out and have some fun.
Blackheart Little Giant or Epiphone Valve Junior
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by neptune1988
I have a 5W Fender Champ thats a nice practice amp.

The VJr sounds much better than the Champ IMO. A couple cheap pedals that sound awesome through it are the Danelectro Cool Cat OD and Fish n Chips EQ. I use the Od and it sounds great. I have tried the EQ with it and it also sounds ace. Really nails a Led Zepplin type tone.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by SecretAgentS
It will only be a practice amp. The music I will play is Cream, Aerosmith, The Who, LZ, AC/DC and a few other bands like those.

if you could spend a little more, peavey classic 30's generally go for about 350-400$ used. otherwise, id say try a crate v or epi junior etc.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!