I really wanna learn them (finally!) but i looked around and couldnt find anything easy to understand... can anyone give me a link to a good site? thanks!
Schecter Synyster Gates Custom
Peavey Vypyr 75w
www.musictheory.net

is pretty good. I learned theory from it
Quote by IDread
You know something is wrong when you have to utter the words "I have ganja in my eye" to your mother...

Quote by RIPKurt67-94
Aliens don't exist. I live on Mars, and I can assure you that there is no life here.

I hijacked this!
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/search.php?s=crusade&w=columns

Start from part one and don't move from one section to the next until you understand the one you're looking at. Most theory is built upon some basic concepts and elabourated from there so make sure you build a solid foundation.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Start from part one and don't move from one section to the next until you understand the one you're looking at. Most theory is built upon some basic concepts and elabourated from there so make sure you build a solid foundation.

best answer - looking at a load of patterns isn't actually going to teach you much of anything
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

very helpful so far
Schecter Synyster Gates Custom
Peavey Vypyr 75w
I recommend that you start with Pentatonic scales. They're used in almost every style of music. The patterns are easy to memorize. Once you have them down, diatonic scales, (major, minor and the modes), will be easy because you're only adding two notes.
I recommend that you start with Pentatonic scales. They're used in almost every style of music. The patterns are easy to memorize. Once you have them down, diatonic scales, (major, minor and the modes), will be easy because you're only adding two notes.
Good luck
What I usually do with my students is give them some basic rock/blues chord progressions and have them start out with practicing minor pentatonic scales over them from the root positions. It's easy to visualize and they catch on fast. It's easy to sound decent almost immediately so it encourages them more. From there you can try other scales and get a good feel for the different sounds each scale produces.

From there you can try finger exercises to run the scales back and forth with diferent patterns and speed.