You really like Obscura, don't you :p

Sounds good.
Maybe U2 wouldn't suck so hard if they stopped preaching and started rocking instead. Of course, that's difficult to do with Pantera holding a near monopoly on all things that rock.
-Maddox.
The bass is.. WOW..

Anyways pretty cool, so much dissonance >_>.
We can only guffaw at all the humbug we are told about martyrs.
Quote by bloodshed344
Less dissonance? I didn't think there was nearly enough, infact i think ill make a new version with a guitar that plays everything the other one does a fret higher.

I had to listen and crit this as soon as I saw the title.

It does need a little bit moar dissonance.
A semitone dissonance would really capture the "Obscura" era Gorguts.
I thought this was more "From Wisdom To Hate" influenced. Not saying that it was bad, but depending on my mood, I'll prefer one over the other.
Right now, I'm leaning towards Obscura more (obviously).
I liked the 7/4 break. It really threw the rhythm off, in true Gorguts fashion.

On a sidenote, you gotta get the B T BAM! Colors DVD.
I spent all last night watching it.
Quote by huevos
I had to listen and crit this as soon as I saw the title.

It does need a little bit moar dissonance.
A semitone dissonance would really capture the "Obscura" era Gorguts.
I thought this was more "From Wisdom To Hate" influenced. Not saying that it was bad, but depending on my mood, I'll prefer one over the other.
Right now, I'm leaning towards Obscura more (obviously).
I liked the 7/4 break. It really threw the rhythm off, in true Gorguts fashion.

On a sidenote, you gotta get the B T BAM! Colors DVD.
I spent all last night watching it.

Actually, I preordered it and got the shirt. Love the it and the shirt.
Last edited by bloodshed344 at Nov 7, 2008,
I suppose you achieved your goal because that was horrible.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
You have so much talent! please don't waste your time on utter bullshit like this.

2 n 1/2 years ago I was on a big Dm binge. Sop, Gorguts, Immolation and the like.

Then I realized music can (occasionally) be art. And yes there is tech death that is art but this isn't it. I found my self thinking that these bands can't write original music, so they string together bad, random, poop and try to brand it as original, complex, chaotic, and brutal. But its not. Dissonance, chaos, brutality can all be captured in music without resorting to this, and still have substance. Instead of going forward and exploring boundaries you have gone backwards.

You have degraded yourself with this song.

Ill take substance over technicality any day of the week.
Quote by bloodshed344
Eh, like I said. It's just something I felt like writing, if I cared for it it would be in my signature.

You did say C4C right?

Anyways, stick to your words.
I am 99.9% sure that bass part is impossible to play...

I would never listen to something like that however, it did have a bit of a fun feel to it. I can't really crit seeing as I don't know anything about anything in avante garde death metal though.

Just consider making future pieces more... playable.
Quote by The Grem
You have so much talent! please don't waste your time on utter bullshit like this.

2 n 1/2 years ago I was on a big Dm binge. Sop, Gorguts, Immolation and the like.

Then I realized music can (occasionally) be art. And yes there is tech death that is art but this isn't it. I found my self thinking that these bands can't write original music, so they string together bad, random, poop and try to brand it as original, complex, chaotic, and brutal. But its not. Dissonance, chaos, brutality can all be captured in music without resorting to this, and still have substance. Instead of going forward and exploring boundaries you have gone backwards.

You have degraded yourself with this song.

Ill take substance over technicality any day of the week.

Two words:

FUCK YOU

Anyway, TS, that song was great. I really love the bass providing nice melodies. The technical rhythms in this song aren't too complicated and are actually quite memorable.
Good job. You should really record your songs.
Quote by Regression
I am 99.9% sure that bass part is impossible to play...

I would never listen to something like that however, it did have a bit of a fun feel to it. I can't really crit seeing as I don't know anything about anything in avante garde death metal though.

Just consider making future pieces more... playable.

It's not impossible to play, I made alot of it up on my guitar, I just have a strange style of playing which makes this "unplayable" stuff easier than normal powerchordy tremolo picking metal.
I think your bassline is playable. No doubt you would have to be very skilled to play it, but it is playable. Look at songs such as "Frantic Disembowelment" by Cannibal Corpse. The bassline in that is very difficult, but Alex CAN play it.
Not that bad man, felt like it had a good structure that fitted the genre and it did sound a lot like Gorguts.
Some people lack to understand that this music does all fit together and its not just random notes as its quite apparent you haven't just stuck some notes in and went "There we go, i'll call it exprimental" or something like that.
The bass is absolutely insane but really good like at 102 it sounds awesome. The drums sound a lot like something Gorguts would play with very fast snare drum on a constant beat.
All in all not bad but it could perhaps do with a little less dissonance maybe for say 8 bars somewhere in the middle so it flows nicely back into the chaos.
Care to leave a crit? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=995871
Quote by salamander121
Some people lack to understand that this music does all fit together and its not just random notes as its quite apparent you haven't just stuck some notes in and went "There we go, i'll call it exprimental" or something like that.

It's easy to understand why people think that though, because that's exactly how the song sounds. While yes, there is something very deliberate going on, it's on a technical level and not a musical one.

So obviously I really didn't like this. However, the bass on it's own did have some pretty cool stuff happening from time to time.