the notes on the guitar neck? I neglected to do this till now, and atm have 4 strings EADG memorized and working on B andthat should do it... how long did it take you all to do this.
Quote by ehlert99
the notes on the guitar neck? I neglected to do this till now, and atm have 4 strings EADG memorized and working on B andthat should do it... how long did it take you all to do this.

Actually, I didn't.
I take a split second to work out what note I'm playing relative to the closest inlay, whose notes I DID memorise.
Edit: which took me about half a week.
same for me, like Rock Pig. I just know what the inlay notes are, I don't read music, I write it. Knowing the strings took me about half a second.....
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
I know most notes on the lower part of the guitar but not the higher strings. It doesn't really bother me since if I want to find out a note, I just find it's octave.
With a metornome and 15 minutes a day you can have the entire neck memorized no problems in 2 weeks.
Andy
and atm have 4 strings EADG memorized and working on B andthat should do it... how long did it take you all to do this

and here's some good news ... if you've memorized the notes on the low E string the notes on the high E are the same note names ( although the pitch is two octaves higher )
well I use to think the notes were pointless till I got ALOT more into scales - specifically modes nad using the intervales instead of shapes helps alot and is faster then memorizing the shape spots for every key you want to play in