I am getting new strings and i was wondering if anyone knew any that gave of a deep, warm, rich tone. I tried elixers and they weren't my type, right now i am using EB slinkies and they are alright but they are already worn out. So any suggestions?
hmm. Rotosound and DR, of the 2, I much prefer the Rotos.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
What did you dislike about the Elixirs? Thats what i play and i adore them.

Have you tried boomers?
Rotos and DR are my personal favorites too, but you might want to look into flatwound type strings for a warm and deep tone. Roundwounds are most common, they produce the most bright sound. Then there's half-flats, flats, and tapers. Brand doesn't give the sound, it's more or less the material used (nickel or stainless steel) and the winded string around the core. Cores also comes in round and hexagon.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
Rotos and DR are my personal favorites too, but you might want to look into flatwound type strings for a warm and deep tone. Roundwounds are most common, they produce the most bright sound. Then there's half-flats, flats, and tapers. Brand doesn't give the sound, it's more or less the material used (nickel or stainless steel) and the winded string around the core. Cores also comes in round and hexagon.

This.
Also, I think some clarification is in order. In half-flats, flats, and tapers, there's also compression wound strings (slightly less bright than regular rounds, and reduce fret wear), and tapewounds (think of them as "ultra flats"). As for materials, stainless steel is the brightest, whereas nickel is a little more mellow. As far as I can tell, the core doesn't make significant difference in the sound.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.