alrighty guys, i own a jackson sl-3 pro series guitar (H-S-S) and i don't like the sound of the seymour duncan hot rods (humbuckers in the space of single coil) pups and i want to switch something new in
the hot rods are bad b/c they are supposed to be high output but the humbucker in the bridge is louder, clearer and has almost no hum unless i really crank the gain (btw i LOVE the bridge humbucker, everything i wanted from my guitar comes from it, almost)

i want to switch one of these (imo) second rate pickups for something cleaner brighter and clearer
it doesn't need to handle gain very well b/c i have the killer bridge pup but i want something nice and clean

soooo i was thinkin' of getting a fender vintage noiseless pup and getting somenoe to stick it in or something
i have some questions
1)would it be alright to switch a "bridge" into the mid or neck position on my guitar? (assuming the bridge pup isn't angled)

2)how difficult would it be for someone with absolutely no experience with soldering or wiring or electric stuff in general to switch the pup themselves? (keep in mind that my dad used to be a mechanic and is pretty good with his hands and probably knows about soldering and could do it for me as long as i know what goes where)

3) are there any pups you guys like that would do want i want it to do? (im really open for suggestions here)

THANKS A BUNCH! I KNOW IT'S A MOUTHFUL!~
Gear:
Jackson SL-3 Soloist w/ licensed Floyd Rose
Peavey VK 100 Head
Earcandy Boa 2X12 Cab w/ 70 watt Speakers
Fender Frontman 15 Watt Practice Amp

I'M SELLING A HOHNER HR1000 GUITAR. PM ME FOR INFO.
1) Yes, except it won't sound as heavy.
Quote by tonedeafidiot
DANG IT! That's like the 3 freaking time today I've made an idiot of myself!
Quote by Mitchell?
2) Just practice soldering a bit, it's not difficult.

how exactly do i practice?

have you replaced pickups B4?
Gear:
Jackson SL-3 Soloist w/ licensed Floyd Rose
Peavey VK 100 Head
Earcandy Boa 2X12 Cab w/ 70 watt Speakers
Fender Frontman 15 Watt Practice Amp

I'M SELLING A HOHNER HR1000 GUITAR. PM ME FOR INFO.
Quote by led,rainsong
how exactly do i practice?

have you replaced pickups B4?

All you'll have to do to replace one of the pickups is unsolder the old wires from the pickup in it, and resolder the new wires to the exact same places. Not hard at all, and not worth paying someone ~$50 to do it for you.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Nov 6, 2008,