He uses two amps live, both of them Mesa Boogie Mark IV's. One is set with dramatically boosted lows and mids, the other one with more of a scooped tone.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Could you roughly estimate what settings he would use on one amp?
Member of: The anti-zombie alliance
Lots of bass, enough treble to give it reasonable bite, and mids a little less than full for punch. Use lots of gain, but make sure to have a boost in there set to give you lots of volume boost, that's where the punch comes in.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Mark doesn't use a boost, only when he goes up for solos. One of his mark iv heads is in simul-class with EL34s and 6L6s, the other one just has 6L6s. One head has more of a low mid boost, the other one is REALLY scooped. I can get close with my DC head and some Seymour Duncans. I've got my Bass around 7, Mids at 8, Treble at 5, Prescence at 5, gain at 5, and the volume up with my graphic EQ with the lows slightly boosted, low-mid up really high, mid range at normal, upper-mids boosted, and the high end just slightly boosted.. Since the Mark IV's got really twitchy EQ, maybe go Bass at 3 or 4, Mids at 3, Treble at 3, Prescence at 5, and a signature V scoop. Willie's settings are basically that, since on the Killadelphia DVD they go up really really close to his head during soundcheck, you can read all his settings. Mark and Willie's sounds are basically the same, so if you have Killadelphia, check out their gear tours.

It's also worth noting that Willie and Mark use two Rocktron Hush Super C noise gates; one right after their Seinheisser Wireless, and one in the loop of the Mark. Mark also attributes some of his edge to the Seinheisser, since he says it adds a little more hair to the sound when you crank up the volume live.
Last edited by RG_FANMAN at Nov 5, 2008,