so i got my 86 jap start a month or two ago, i didnt get a tremolo bar with it and my bro's mexican bar doesn't fit it, the guys in the shop tried a bunch of different bars on it but none would fit. i dont know if they tried american ones or mexican ones only, so if you guys know what fits the Japanese trem from the 80's could yous let me know! and were i could get my hands on one!

thanks for any info
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
hmm. are you sure they tried every trem arm? i have a 85 57 reissued and the whammy bar looks the same as other trem i seen. maybe if you can sand down the edges?
I believe it's an american bar.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
knowing shops these days id say they were a bit shy on trying the American bars as they were going to give one to me for free!
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
not too many of them around
- Jimi Hendrix

- Mitch Hedberg
try ebay
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
yah was thinking that alright, i might ring my local tech and see if he knows what the story is with them, and if he can order a japanese one for me, or american if it fits
- Jimi Hendrix

- Mitch Hedberg
are quality levels still as high?
- Jimi Hendrix

- Mitch Hedberg
hell's yeh, JDM all the way
- Jimi Hendrix

- Mitch Hedberg