I own a 115 Peavey Delta Blues amp. I played on this amp that I had never heard of called Blackheart and after listening to it, I think that it would be a pretty good trade. The Blackheart is a 5 watt head, sounds more like 25, with a 112 cab. If you know anything about them, please help me in making my decision.
Depends on the style you play. The BH is worth less i'm pretty sure. the DB is what, 30 or 40 watts? the BH is 5 watts. if your in a band, you need more than 5 watts.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
The peavey is 30W, tube, and has a 15" speaker. Unless the blackheart sounds louder and better, it's not a good trade.

Also the peavey is more expensive than the blackheart.
Quote by tonedeafidiot
DANG IT! That's like the 3 freaking time today I've made an idiot of myself!
I am hardly a guitarist. My amps are strictly for my studio, Im a producer. So power couldnt really matter less. I do know good tone though. The Delta Blues gets great reviews (as well as the BH) but Im just not satisfied with the tone of the Peavey. I know I want to get rid of it, but not sure if the BH is the amp to trade it for. Possibly a Fender Pro Junior (the little 15w class A amps)

I guess another good question to ask is. Would the Fender be a good trade?
Last edited by FriedRock at Nov 5, 2008,
The Delta Blues has more raw tone than the Blackheart, as well as tremolo and reverb, not to mention it's two channels.

What you want depends on what you need.
Quote by imgooley
The Delta Blues has more raw tone than the Blackheart, as well as tremolo and reverb, not to mention it's two channels.

What you want depends on what you need.

Well, if he is a producer, channels and onboard effects mean nothing.
Quote by Retro Rocker
Well, if he is a producer, channels and onboard effects mean nothing.

If he has outboard effects and multi amps.

It also depends on what he records, who he records, where he records, etc.

I wouldn't classify the Blackheart as a studio amp, really.
I am sorry my friend but I also own a Delta Blues 1X15 and that little beauty is a tone machine. Trading it for a blackheart would be truly a crime. You will regret it.
I think i got two solutions for you.

One you trade it for the BH plus some money.

And two i think the BH is on the american side of things on the power section so you might want to buy some THD yellow jackets instead to make your current amp sound more american. if that dosent work then you can still trade someone i bet, anyone would be happy tradding for a Peavey DB with THD yellow jacketes and both 6v6 and the british tubes that the peavey came with, so dont act with haste.
yeah, experiment with tubes in the Delta Blues.

Maybe get it modded. It's similar to the AC30 right?

Personally, I wouldn't do it, but hey, that's just me.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Before you trade try some JJ El84s in that baby, if your not happy with it then trade it off, these amps sound Awesome with JJ EL84s
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
Or some NOS Mullards