thoughts on sound of these? i will be running a triple x out of it if i decide to get a vader....
i need info please lolol
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
I like how they sound in recordings, I think that it'd compliment the tone of a XXX well.
No stores carry them though, you have to order them off of their website.
Great cabs. Should sound awesome with the XXX.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Their 2x12 will sound GODLY with a powerball.... Vader + any good high gain amp being used for metal, death metal, hardcore, grindcore, doom metal whatever... sounds good.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
mmmm... GODLY.... So how does the whole ordering and shipping thing work? They don't just leave the box by the doorstep do they? It'd grow legs and run off for sure around my part the city.
Well, they are in Wisconsin... I'm not sure where you are. Normally, they ship fedex or UPS and they will leave a tag on the door if you are not home... you call them, they come by and give you your cab....
^^^

NO WAY! I'm from Sioux Lookout!!!!
Quote by Brendan.Clace
Their 2x12 will sound GODLY with a powerball.... Vader + any good high gain amp being used for metal, death metal, hardcore, grindcore, doom metal whatever... sounds good.

would you say a triple x is high gain?
edit: will the 4x12 sound godly as well?
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
The 4x12 will sound better in a sense...actually... it all depends. The 4x12 is rated at 400W so it has massive headroom with little speaker breakup, which is what most metal is about. Yeah, the Triple XXX will sound pretty incredible through anything Vader, it is def. high gain.

If you are playing out a lot and larger venues, and looking for more headroom, i would go for a 4x12...but either way, cause even the 2x12 is rated for 200W.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
The 4x12 will sound better in a sense...actually... it all depends. The 4x12 is rated at 400W so it has massive headroom with little speaker breakup, which is what most metal is about. Yeah, the Triple XXX will sound pretty incredible through anything Vader, it is def. high gain.

If you are playing out a lot and larger venues, and looking for more headroom, i would go for a 4x12...but either way, cause even the 2x12 is rated for 200W.

if i bought a 2x12 now, would adding another later be equivelent to a 4x12
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Kind of... depends on what you want. I am looking into 2 2x12's, but only for a stereo effect on stage....

The thing about 4x12's especially from Vader is that the low end is more prominent over a 2x12.... I have noticed that the Triple XXX has a lot of low end oomph so to speak, and so I think maybe a 4x12 would be worth saving the money....unless you have gigs coming up
Quote by Brendan.Clace
Kind of... depends on what you want. I am looking into 2 2x12's, but only for a stereo effect on stage....

The thing about 4x12's especially from Vader is that the low end is more prominent over a 2x12.... I have noticed that the Triple XXX has a lot of low end oomph so to speak, and so I think maybe a 4x12 would be worth saving the money....unless you have gigs coming up

i think i want a 4x12 then. but i must know... is this amp really one of the best i can get? or at least really good?
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Amp or Cab?

If you are referring to Vader, I believe, personally, that they are the best priced boutique, hand made cabinets out there for metal

Look at the artist pages and you will see that the list is pretty long and only getting longer. The difference with Vader artists.... they stick with Vader.

Cryptopsy is an incredible metal band from Montreal and they use vader's exclusively live.

Call and start firing questions if you'd like, they can probably tell you a bit more.
Eh, the difference in how "big" an amp sounds doesn't really have anything to do with how many speakers it has when you're talking about 2x12s or 4x12s.

Both of my 2x12s easily sound as "big" as my 4x12 cab, my G-Flex has the most roaring low-end out of all of them, it's all about the construction
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Eh, the difference in how "big" an amp sounds doesn't really have anything to do with how many speakers it has when you're talking about 2x12s or 4x12s.

Both of my 2x12s easily sound as "big" as my 4x12 cab, my G-Flex has the most roaring low-end out of all of them, it's all about the construction

Your G-Flex is also ported

So are Vader's 2x15's
There are Jazz musician's out there that use these cabs exclusively as well..... with being rated for higher wattage they have less speaker breakup and more headroom for cleans...which also depends on the amp....but yes they can do clean very well
so what do you think is the thing to do?
and i would also like to know where hy head stands...
cuz i like it well enough
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Vader's are great all over, for metal, jazz, clean, etc etc etc.

If you play mostly metal, I would definitely go for the Vader.

Your amp is fine. If you like the sound coming out of it, and the tone, then that's what really matters..
what is it compared to say a mesa?
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
The XXX is based on the tone of a Triple Rectifier, and some people like the Peavey a little more. Same idea, compressed high gain modern mid range tone.

If you like the Triple XXX, stick with it, if you like a Triple Rectifier and have the ear drums and nice neighbours that would allow you to crank it to get that "Mesa" tone....then go for that. It's really up to you and your ears
Quote by CapnKickass
I live in Winterpeg Canada. I saw on their website a link to a Canadian distributor. Thanks, I'll sleuth it out.
I live in Winnipeg too.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION