the squier is the best, imo
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
agile 2000's are absolute starters from everything that i've read about them.
not bad for the money, but not like 2800+ series.

the Xav is praised around here, and i'm sure would be fine for the money.
probably a little better than a $169 squier strat affinity. But

the squier you chose is way nice, i mean look at the specs. red cedar body sounds teh sex, duncan designed are very nice for stock pups.
you've got the versatility of a humbucker in the neck spot and i like their maple necks.

it doesnt "look" starter to me. and the new vintage squiers are getting good reviews.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
my friend has the agile, or a similar agile model ( les paul).

the agiles are basically any old paul, except made privately, and therefore are less expensive, as their name hasn't gotten out and about too much yet. it's a good guitar if you like fat necks, and the thick tone of humbuckers. some big time artists that use les pauls include jimmy page, kirk hammett, james hetfield, zakk wylde, slash, and many more. so, if you dig their tone and like the feel of les pauls, definitely go for the agile.
Quote by Nakon14

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Crate GTD65
Vox DA5
The Squier? it has duncans and the other two are huge knock-offs...

Quote by mattman93
This, atheists talk about religion more then religious people.

Youtube
I'm for the squier.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
well the problem there is the three you have are 3 different guitars. one is a les paul type guitar the other a semi hollowbody telecaster type and a squier telecaster. now I would eliminate the squier because well great beginner instruments they never really have a good quality to them. that leaves the other two, out of those ive heard great things about the agile series and rondomusic in general. The other one sounds like someone trying to make a below average guitar sound pretty (generic descriptions ex premium parts etc.) while I cant make a judgement there as ive never tried any of that brand a quick google or search on this site for reviews of that particular guitar will answer your question.

On the topic of what youre looking for exactly, the les paul type (the agile) is suited more for rock genres and boasts great clean sounds as well. While the hollowbody (the xv-620) will get you a resonant tone suited more towards cleans jazz country etc.. again up to you to decide what you like to play there but i would go with the agile.
I say the Squier by far! I have played that model and it actually sounds and plays better than guitar costing 3 times as much!
i had the agile al-3100 and the xaviere xv700. both were good with the agile being better sounding. the agile al's are about 10 lbs. and butt heavy, which is why i returned mine.

i would save up and get a al-3000 over the 2000. the squier i know nothing about but sounds nice from what i read.
Vintage Modified Squiers make me squeal. A little more and you can get the Squier Classic Vibe series.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by jj1565
agile 2000's are absolute starters from everything that i've read about them.
not bad for the money, but not like 2800+ series.

the Xav is praised around here, and i'm sure would be fine for the money.
probably a little better than a $169 squier strat affinity. But

the squier you chose is way nice, i mean look at the specs. red cedar body sounds teh sex, duncan designed are very nice for stock pups.
you've got the versatility of a humbucker in the neck spot and i like their maple necks.

it doesnt "look" starter to me. and the new vintage squiers are getting good reviews.

The Red cedar is somewhat similar to mahogany; it's in the same family. Anyway Squiers have gotten much much better recently.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Nov 5, 2008,
Quote by Jammin'
my friend has the agile, or a similar agile model ( les paul).

the agiles are basically any old paul, except made privately, and therefore are less expensive, as their name hasn't gotten out and about too much yet. it's a good guitar if you like fat necks, and the thick tone of humbuckers. some big time artists that use les pauls include jimmy page, kirk hammett, james hetfield, zakk wylde, slash, and many more. so, if you dig their tone and like the feel of les pauls, definitely go for the agile.

their is a huge diffrence between knock off pauls and gibson pauls! some of the epiphones are quite nice. Everything else is basically entry level junk.
Quote by IPlaySchecter
their is a huge diffrence between knock off pauls and gibson pauls! some of the epiphones are quite nice. Everything else is basically entry level junk.

facepalm:@Noob. MIJ Tokais, ESP/Edwards, Burnys, Grecos, etc. are basically as good as a MIA Gibson Les Paul standard for about half the price.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Nov 6, 2008,
Quote by killerscorpion
The Squier? it has duncans and the other two are huge knock-offs...

They aren't real Duncans.

Quote by IPlaySchecter

Just
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by IPlaySchecter

Oh? Are you sure about this? I mean... are you really sure?
I think my Agile just gave the finger.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by hminh87
Oh? Are you sure about this? I mean... are you really sure?
I think my Agile just gave the finger.

I'm actually considering sigging this, it's pretty good
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Why not just save up another $100 and go for a higher end Agile? Agile's are great guitars, but you're going to want to get at least a 2500 or 2800.
Quote by IPlaySchecter

i've played his guitar. agile guitars are probably the best for the money, and are made of pretty decent parts. if you haven't heard of agile, don't shoot it down. thanks.
Quote by Nakon14

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Crate GTD65
Vox DA5
Quote by DespisedIcon
They aren't real Duncans.

Just

LOL
Quote by Nakon14

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Crate GTD65
Vox DA5
Quote by IPlaySchecter
their is a huge diffrence from guitar to guitar! some of the epiphones are quite nice. Everything (guitar) needs to be tried before you buy it.

Fixed.
"If you can hum it, you can play it!"

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
ESP: LTD M-10
Marshall MD10CD