Hey guys! I bought a Fender Starcaster recently from a garage sale for 90$. And I am fed up with tuning the f**** thing every song I play! I can't see why fender would put there name on such a shabby guitar?!? Anyways, I am looking for a guitar that has these specs for it.

1.) It has dual humbuckers

2.) It is a guitar that people will know it is a good guitar when they see it (Not a wall-mart looking brand)

3.) It can't be a Strat, LP, or SG

4.) It can produce a great clean and great distorted sound.

5.) It is around the 300$ range.

I will be playing songs ranging from AC/DC to A7X and Metallica to RHCP

Thanks! I am really looking for a giant leap from my shiiity starcaster.
look at dean
GUITARS:
Fender Strat w/ Seymour duncans
Agile Explorer w, SD livewire metal
Fender Telecaster w/ hot rail

PEDALBOARD:
Boss chromatic tuner
Ibanez weeping demon
*Digitech Whammy*
MXR Smart Gate
Yea, I have thought about the tele, but it comes with 2 single coils standard. I really love the sound of the humbuckers.
Why is it important to you that people know it's a good guitar? Other's opinions shouldn't matter in an issue like this.
Try stringing it like this

http://www.stringthis.com/howtostringu.html

And lubricating all string contact points with lead.

As for you8r new guitar:

I can recommend a Shecter, an ESP, Washburn or a used Ibanez or gibson to fit all those criteria.

Or, get any inexpensive guitar you want that plays well and put in pickups to give it the sound to want.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Why don't you just play your own songs?

+10

It's nice to know songs and how to play them but its better to make originals....keep music going...

Quote by mattman93
This, atheists talk about religion more then religious people.

Youtube
2 options

1 http://www.guitarcenter.com/Dean-Dimeblade-Tribute-Electric-Guitar-512929-i1166876.gc

2 http://www.guitarcenter.com/Dean-Dime-o-Flage-Snow-Camo-Electric-Guitar-103933255-i1147922.gc

they both bassicly play the same,and are very good for intermediate/advanced players
deans eat other guitars alive,i have the Dimeblade
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
clint, I am kinda liking that guitar. I just wish that fender would make guitars with 2 humbuckers standard on them. *sigh* I am also a big LP fan but I don't know if they would be good for my purposes.
Thanks Otter, that stringing technique is working so far much better.
Quote by Clazgar
Hey guys! I bought a Fender Starcaster recently from a garage sale for 90$. And I am fed up with tuning the f**** thing every song I play! I can't see why fender would put there name on such a shabby guitar?!?
Thanks! I am really looking for a giant leap from my shiiity starcaster.

haha a starcaster for $90 sounds like you got ripped
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
It also came with 2 amps (for whatever reason) a cord case and 2 boxes of pix
Quote by Clazgar
Thanks Otter, that stringing technique is working so far much better.

Glad to here that.

Your best bet for good gear around $300 is used, in my opinion.

As long as it plays well, its fine being "used".
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
demoniacfashion, to answer your question, I play songs I have not made because I am learning guitar. I learn best by playing songs and remembering the sound of the finger position. So I suck at sheet music but after I learn it's pretty easy to make good songs. I just have to play for a while first.
Well I WOULD suggest a HSS Strat or an Epi Les Paul, but since you said no to those. I guess try and look for a used PRS SE or an Ibanez.

I don't get why you want a guitar that people will automatically think is good, when you've already said no to Three of the best and most Iconic guitars out there?
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
The three guitars I listed I did not include are for these reasons. The gibsons are too expensive and the strat is not really for me. Idk how to explain the strat but, yea. I also like the Ibanez and Jackson (Dinkey) guitars.
I have decided on getting the RG2EX1. Just a few questions if you guys can answer them.

1.) Can it stay in tune well

2.) How well is it's distortion (I'm guessing good because of the EMG pickups)
Quote by Clazgar
I have decided on getting the RG2EX1. Just a few questions if you guys can answer them.

1.) Can it stay in tune well

2.) How well is it's distortion (I'm guessing good because of the EMG pickups)

They aren't true EMGs, I suggest you swap them ASAP.
ಠ_ಠ
OK, I will probably keep them for a while (considering I only have enough to buy the guitar at this point) and save 200$ for a EMG set. Or should I go the Seymour Duncan Blackout Metal route?
what amp are you using mate? no point in going to EMG if you are using some p.o.s fender frontman amp
:/ about that... I have a crappy fender. Make that two. There SP•10s. But, I also will use it on a 1,000$+ Peavey amp once or twice a week.
I do kinda like that guitar. But, I am not much of a hardtail fan. :P I think I am going with the RG2EX1. I also like the look of the EMG-like pickups on the RG2EX1.
I liked the Dean EVO noir. Good look and very comfy. Great sound stock for its price. It's a little heavier than some but not too heavy for me, and I'm 5'8" 165.
No soup for you!
Lol, i'm 5'7" 120. Soooo close.
Rock is like sex. One you play it (have it), you're hooked!
-Clazgar

_____

:stickpoke
Quote by Clazgar
clint, I am kinda liking that guitar. I just wish that fender would make guitars with 2 humbuckers standard on them. *sigh* I am also a big LP fan but I don't know if they would be good for my purposes.

A les paul can do anything, depending on the pick ups! look at zach wilde, slash, james hetfeild and kirk hammett use les pauls for some of the recording. But for 300 i would look at ESP LTD line, and maybe even the schecter omen 6.
Quote by Clazgar
OK, I will probably keep them for a while (considering I only have enough to buy the guitar at this point) and save 200$ for a EMG set. Or should I go the Seymour Duncan Blackout Metal route?

Actually i'd go for bareknuckle warpigs if i were you. They sh*t on EMGs and Blackouts for metal.
squier jagmaster? it has humbuckers and looks just like a jazzmaster, same knobs, finish...
i don't know why they don't call it jazzmaster, and instead they call it jagmaster...cause it's identical to a jazzmaster. the jaguar has all those switches and usually has single coils...

but anyway maybe try that?
great looking guitar too
Hmm... The Jagmaster seems nice. BTW nice starway jam. I;m 14 too.
-Clazgar

_____

I am kinda into the Schecter guitars now. I like the look of the Damien 6.
-Clazgar

_____