1.Our high school band are all aged 14-15 and we would like to knoe whether pubs/clubs would let us play some nights not even to be payed just to practice under pressure

2.This ones about band practice our band has 2 hours of music lessons a week to practice another 2 hours doing theory but our band also stays behind about 6-7 hours a week which equals about 9 hours of practice is this long enough to practice a week??? we feel its not long enough to be playing per week. we mostly just write for about 4 hours, 4hours practicing our own songs, and an hour just lulling about having breaks and such
eh 9 is okay... I treat music like a sport which is like a part time job depending on the sport.... I get about 14 hours in just on my own a week.... I dont think a pub would hire such young kids due to maybe feeling your not professional enough to handle the task of arranging gigs and so on.
Quote by ehlert99
eh 9 is okay... I treat music like a sport which is like a part time job depending on the sport.... I get about 14 hours in just on my own a week.... I dont think a pub would hire such young kids due to maybe feeling your not professional enough to handle the task of arranging gigs and so on.

9 hours of practice per week for a high school band... yeah.. thats enough...

my band is lucky to get in 3 hours of practice (together at least, we probably practice at least an hour a day individually on our own.)
from what I assumed what he meant that the theory and so on was all done on their own time. my band leaves individual practicing to each other - it will be apparent if you dont work on anything. My band usually gets 4 hours in a week for practice together which isnt much but I do most original work outside and we just do covers till i bring my songs to them.
9 hours is fine... my band only get 1 or 2 two-hour practices in a week at peak times.

As for gigs, I used to sit there thinking "well how the fck am are we supposed to get gigs" the key is to just ask. Alotta proper venues have myspaces or wesites you can link your songs to, or sddresses you can send a demo to. If it's a local pub, just go in there and ask about a gig. Some might be funny about you guys being too young, but not all of them. Anyway, you'll never know unless you try it.

Oh and a demo is very important. Should have mentioned that.
Quote by ehlert99
from what I assumed what he meant that the theory and so on was all done on their own time. my band leaves individual practicing to each other - it will be apparent if you dont work on anything. My band usually gets 4 hours in a week for practice together which isnt much but I do most original work outside and we just do covers till i bring my songs to them.

no we do music lessons in school and we have to theory