Well i am wondering if Japanese stratocaster`s are still in production and where do they stand in between the Mexican Standard and The American Standard

I'm thinking of getting a jap strat with meh amplifier money

and kinda off topic but my gear is a Epiphone G-400 and a MG10CD and some guy tells me i should throw away the guitar he said the amp was fine..... I didn't even talk does this guy know what hes talking about or is he just stupid BTW he jumped on me so i am just really sad about my guitar which i love

Update:

I am buying a amp now because i love my G-400 again but i have only 800 dollars =( please send musicans friend links or stuff that send to canada for recommedations
Last edited by Felttoaster at Nov 6, 2008,
the G-400 is ok..it's a nice guitar

However, some people would consider it a crime to play anything through that amp.
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

no he is stupid and he should be punched in the face. the g-400 is a fine guitar is the mg10 you should be throwing away. and to my knowledge i don't think they are in production anymore. you can still find used ones on ebay
He has no idea...

The G400 is fine.

The MG isn't an amplifier, it's a box filled with angry, angry bees.

MIJ Strats are no longer in production, but you can get them used, and from what I have heard they are great. Better than MIM anyways.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by Øttər

LOL sigged

EDIT: uhhhh well it would be sigged but i cant seem to find my way around these fancy menus... lol epic failure
Quote by HaKattack
Pop Tarts. Strudels are a Austrian invention; Hitler was also from Austria.
Obviously, Toaster Strudels are the same as Toaster NAZIS.
Last edited by amcrambler at Nov 5, 2008,
Yep, ditch the MG, G-400 works if you ask me.

How much money are we talkin about here?
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Quote by amcrambler
LOL sigged

EDIT: uhhhh well it would be sigged but i cant seem to find my way around these fancy menus... lol epic failure

Copy and paste mate. i stole it tho srry
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
Quote by Felttoaster
1000 dollars in demand for a jap strat

a 57 reissued(most expensive mij i can find) will run you around 700-800/ sparing you money left over for a new amp.
You can find japanese strats for a lot less than 1000 dollars, it doesn't have to be fender, there are brands like Tokai, Greco, Burny, Edwards.

Also the g400 is not a bad guitar, but the mg isn't too great.
I have always loved the '72 reissue 3-bolt Jap Strat, best Jap STRAT ever to come out of the factory in my opinion.
This is how the jap strats stand:
Newer Mexican Strats < Japanese Strats < Older Jap Strats/ Older Mexican Strats / American Strats.

But really, TS, buy a better amp. You'll be amazed at the sound of a new amp rather than your 10 watt Marshall MG.
Gear:
95' Fender Richie Sambora Standard Stratocaster
06' Symphony SD54
07' Epiphone Les Paul Custom Plus
08' Recording King RD-17CFE
Fender G-DEC30
Line 6 POD XT
Blackstar Series One 45 Combo
10' Ernie Ball MusicMan JP6 BFR
The guy you talked to is an absolute idiot.

The G400 is a very nice guitar for the price, but the Marshall MG series should be illegal. They're awful.

Keep the axe and buy something like a Roland Cube. Still solid state, but much nicer than an MG.

Oh, and punch the guy in the face.
Member of the Laney Cult
For the price of a new axe you can get a really nice amp. Your guitar is fine!

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Fender Japan is still making guitars, but they're built for the local market. Quite a few Japanese retailers on Ebay ship worldwide though if you're keen, and there are small volume importers around if you know where to look.

However that's not really your problem. You own a marshall MG, if you want to sound better I'd start there. It sounds like you've got enough for lots of good combos, you could have a second hand JCM800 for less than the MIJ strat if you're interested in a proper Marshall, although that may be stupidly powerful for what you want.

What kind of sounds are you interested in, and how much noise do you need to make?
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
Quote by Øttər

Omg... I. Can't. Stop. Laughing. LOL

Now I finally have something to put in my sig. XD
Quote by tincho729
the G-400 is ok..it's a nice guitar

However, some people would consider it a crime to play anything through that amp.

+1, the guy who told you that, if anything, is completely wrong.

going back to the japanese fenders, they're still being made. I think you want to look at the non-export models, they're better in spec etc.

i'd say, based on any i've tried anyway, that they're noticeably nicer than the mexican models. They can compete with the highway ones, maybe even the american standards too (certainly after an upgrade of the electronics); they do tend to be vintage-style models, so it's not really a straight comparison though (as the H1 and USA standards are more modern in style).

Quote by Felttoaster
so he doesnt know what hes talking about

no

Quote by yoyodunno
You can find japanese strats for a lot less than 1000 dollars, it doesn't have to be fender, there are brands like Tokai, Greco, Burny, Edwards.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?