Man, that clip's got to be one of the worst cases of piezo pickup distortion I've ever heard. His guitar sounds awful, like gravel in tin can.
Aw alright, it's likely a pickup, tuner or mic, but it's hard to see (hint, think hard before you rush out and buy one).
Nope. None of those.

It's a soundhole cover. It's used to kill feedback in loud situations. If you have an internal mic or sensitive pickup prone to feedback at loud volumes then a soundhole cover is essential. Soundhole covers kill the guitar's natural acoustic ability(sound projection-wise), but since it's being amplified so loud, it won't matter.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
It's a soundhole cover. It's used to kill feedback in loud situations. If you have an internal mic or sensitive pickup prone to feedback at loud volumes then a soundhole cover is essential. Soundhole covers kill the guitar's natural acoustic ability(sound projection-wise), but since it's being amplified so loud, it won't matter.

I do believe that when playing with power inputs that add up to over 800 watts is when you should start using a cover with a feedback prone instrument.
Quote by Confusius
I do believe that when playing with power inputs that add up to over 800 watts is when you should start using a cover with a feedback prone instrument.

Yes, plus I'd want a padded paper bag to cover my head.
I think he feels bad because he didn't know what it was teehee.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.