Does anyone have any advice for not forgetting music you write?

for example, i play something i like, play it alot, and even write it down, but a few days later i can't remember how it sounded.
umm record it on a computer or something obviously
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Powertab it or record it. I always powertab mine so not only do I know how it sounds, but I can actually see what I played.
yeah, that's happened to me a couple times

it SUCKS

especially when you finally write something good haha...

usually I'll just powertab it

but it takes forever sometimes

I've looked at some of my old files and found stuff I had completely forgotten about haha

wish I had something to record with though

would be so much easier
COLORS!

OMG

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Also, people who wear Monster swag are automatically douches.
ya my brother use to have it on his laptop

pretty cool program
COLORS!

OMG

Quote by Sleaze Disease
yea, recording it is obvious, and i have thought of it. i don't have anythin to record on though, so i was looking for advice on remembering it without doing that.
thanks anyway.

by the way, is powertab or guitarpro the one that costs, or do both?
Last edited by johnny rex at Nov 5, 2008,
powertab is free

helps out a lot

takes a little while to get used to (at least for me) but its worth it
COLORS!

OMG

Quote by Sleaze Disease
record a few seconds of it on your cell or something. thats what i do if im not near a cpu
All my musical notes are put up in Guitar Pro 5 (It is not an expensive program and it is worth the money).
"Fly with me forever high
And with these wings
We'll set the world on fire
Fly with me through scorching skies
You and I - The lie of lies"

-Symphony X
get a little tape recorder, it helps me alot, plus you can record it, and than find words to put over it while your listening to it. it helps ALOT
Same thing happens to me and i cant record it to my computer. i just take out my phone and record it. even though it sounds real crappy on there, i hear it and remember it completely
I am legally blind and notorious for not being born with the memory gene <smile> and, in public, well, I can't cheat or crib. I use the Zoom H2 and the FREE Audacity for editing. Both are winners. The H2 is in the door less than $200 with no tax and FREE shipping from Sweetwater Sound - http://www.sweetwater.com/ - put it on your Christmas list. The H2 records in both MP3 and Wav at multiple bit rates. William
Quote by stilt37
record a few seconds of it on your cell or something. thats what i do if im not near a cpu

You could also use G-cast. William
well, problem solved now. you couldn't really download anythin on our old computer, but we have a new one now so i got audacity and powertab editor. thanks.
Quote by johnny rex
well, problem solved now. you couldn't really download anythin on our old computer, but we have a new one now so i got audacity and powertab editor. thanks.
Cool. Merry Christmas!!!!! William