I've had two guitars with tremolo systems and they're really cheaply made and they've broken in some form. Those wood screws in the back strip out constantly. And locking tuners are complete garbage. Has anyone had any good experiences with playing Children of Bodom and Pantera type leads with their guitar? Any recommendations you could make for me? I have a bad ass Schecter C-1 Classic which gets the job done for rhythm and stuff, but I need something better for leads. The guitars I've had were a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser with Floyd Rose...which was a waste of 800 bucks, and an Ibanez RG4EXQM1 from Guitar Center. I don't like active pickups either. Anything that isn't those two guitars and that I don't have to put a ****in' 9 volt in every 2 weeks is good.
realy??? you dont love the edge bridge??? i have 2 edge equiped ibanezes ( ones the lo-pro, the other is... the not so low one lol) and love them both! i will admit they are VERY fragile, but what floating bridge isnt? well... if you dont like the floyd or the edge... i dont know what to say :/
Quote by HaKattack
Pop Tarts. Strudels are a Austrian invention; Hitler was also from Austria.
Obviously, Toaster Strudels are the same as Toaster NAZIS.
i play lotsss of pantera, lots of dive bombs allll the goodies, my ibanez does them great i have a rg550 anniversary since they dont make them anymore id recommend this:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-Prestige-RG770-Electric-Guitar?sku=500151
alot but it is great
or
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-Prestige-Series-RG2550Z-Electric-Guitar?sku=515738

if the other is too colorful haha
Gear:
IBANEZ RG2550EX
Orange Rocker 30
Peavey Ultra Plus (lights up)
Quote by m1keh4wk
I've had two guitars with tremolo systems and they're really cheaply made and they've broken in some form. Those wood screws in the back strip out constantly. And locking tuners are complete garbage. Has anyone had any good experiences with playing Children of Bodom and Pantera type leads with their guitar? Any recommendations you could make for me? I have a bad ass Schecter C-1 Classic which gets the job done for rhythm and stuff, but I need something better for leads. The guitars I've had were a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser with Floyd Rose...which was a waste of 800 bucks, and an Ibanez RG4EXQM1 from Guitar Center. I don't like active pickups either. Anything that isn't those two guitars and that I don't have to put a ****in' 9 volt in every 2 weeks is good.

So, you want a metal guitar with a good trem that never goes out of tune and has good pickups, but not active?

Ibanez Prestige.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
you could always try a kahler. or maybe an original floyd (if your schecter doesnt have one already, im pretty sure theyre "licenced" floyds but youd know better than me) would be an improvement over a licenced model.
How about a Jackson or a Dean? I myself own two Jacksons with Floyd, a King V (1990) and a DR3 (1994) which work perfect for leads and rythm, and are truely comfortable, fast and versatile. Try one of those out or maybe a Kelly or a Warrior or even a Randy could work.
For the Deans Ive had some experience as every time I walk into a guitar store, together with Gibsons, Jacksons, and PRS are a MUST TRY for me, and have came out very satysfied also I played with a razorback on a gig and completely abused of the Floyd and it sounded great and dindn't have to tune it in the whole show
Last edited by jojoel10 at Nov 5, 2008,
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
you could always try a kahler. or maybe an original floyd (if your schecter doesnt have one already, im pretty sure theyre "licenced" floyds but youd know better than me) would be an improvement over a licenced model.

I'm pretty sure hellraisers are OFR equipped. I don't know what was wrong with it, is it just the actives that you don't like TS? What AMP are you running?
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.