No... the tremolo effect kind of makes the sound wavy, like when you use a tremolo.
A killswitch cuts the signal completely when activated.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Killswitches just kill the signal, tremelo changes the pitch of the notes in octaves. Tremelo won't kill the signal but you could use it in the same way to make the sound drop a few octaves in pitch to make it less audible i suppose. But with the tremelo you have to set the frequency, while with a killswitch you can vary the speed at which you cut the signal.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by Øttər
No... the tremolo effect kind of makes the sound wavy, like when you use a tremolo.

That's a vibrato accent you're talking about. Tremolo is a change(rapid) in volume.
A killswitch cuts the sound off instantly, and is variably controllable, while a tremolo effect is constant, and the die off rate of the volume is slower.
Quote by leeb rocks
SO I'VE BEEN BALLS DEEP IN MYSELF THIS WHOLE TlME?!?!
Quote by Øttər

tremolo is a fluctuation in volume.

you could argue that a killswitch is just an extreme form of tremolo.

the 'tremolo' systems (or whammy bars) on guitars are actually named incorrectly. the sound they produce is a variation in pitch, which is vibrato.

blame leo fender.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
^ oh yeaahh... yeah yeah.

Ok, well thanks for clearing that up.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Actually, most tremolo effects can be adjusted from increasing/decreasing volume in a wave pattern, to a choppy effect that completely cuts signal. The only real advantage to using a killswitch for this is that you can manually control speed and timing with your hand while playing.
I'm going to sound like a total noob, but here goes...

wouldn't having a volume pedal be just as good as a kill switch?

Oh, God, please don't hurt me too bad
Quote by EbEar
oh and yao151 i love the fact that you as a fan of metallica and slayer likes John Frusciante, i wish more people around here had an open mind like that

see...
I'm not narrow minded

just narrow dicked
I guess sorta...but a kill switch is more controllable
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
i would say that a pedal can be more gradual.

flicking a kill switch can be instant and constant.

but both can kill the noise.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011