Hey, good afternoon everybody. So I have an American Standard Stratocaster, it has the Delta Tone "no load" thing going on for the middle/mid-bridg/bridge pickups. I have raised all of my pickups (not a lot, but still higher than factory settings) and I'm currently using 11's on there. I'm having trouble getting a lot of output out of my bridge/mid-bridge pickups. They sound really thin (or atleast too thin for my taste).

Any ideas or comments would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
Define "thin". You're not going to get humbucker-like fatness out of single coils, of course.
I don't want it to sound fat like a humbucker, sorry if I mislead you. I guess I'm just not getting enough sustain out of it. I know I shouldn't be expecting loads of sustain out of a strat, but compared to the neck/mid pickups it has a lot less sustain.
Do you want like.. Humbucker fatness? You're not gonna get that without a humbucker..
though those rail/humbuckers that are single sized for strats are fatter than singles.

Like the inbetween of the two.

EDIT: Guess not.
Last edited by Stratoblaster73 at Nov 5, 2008,
Looking for sustain/output, not fatness Thanks though. I think I might try wiring the tone control to the bridge instead of middle, as I've heard it wields different results. If that doesn't work, I might just break down and get a Barber Comp or something. Any other comments would be appreciated.
Quote by SylvaShredder
Looking for sustain/output, not fatness Thanks though. I think I might try wiring the tone control to the bridge instead of middle, as I've heard it wields different results. If that doesn't work, I might just break down and get a Barber Comp or something. Any other comments would be appreciated.

Are you talking overdriven or clean sustain output..
Cause things like overdrives, compressors, compressors/sustainers do wonders for tone..

Could you post soundclips or something, to kinda help us? I'm having a hard time picturing where you're at and where you wanna go.
Jeeze I'd like to post sound clips Can't though. I'm running through a Fender HR Deluxe, it sounds fine with a little bit of dirt (no doubt, adds sustain), but clean just kinda dies off really quick (not like something is wrong, but I just want a little bit more out of it) in the bridge. I'm playing it right now, and it's like, the more I 'dig in' to the strings, the faster it dies