In the bass guitar forum, can we start a thread to ask people to recommend us a song to start us on a specific genre, or does that still qualify as going under the "I need bass songs to learn" thread?
I'm pretty sure that the thread covers different genres, but I haven't looked at it in a while. Check to see if the thread has some sort of subdivision or anything like that.
Quote by Hergiswi
I'm pretty sure that the thread covers different genres, but I haven't looked at it in a while. Check to see if the thread has some sort of subdivision or anything like that.

I believe he is talking about this thread. It lists songs, lots of them in fact.
well, ideally, if you want to start playing stuff from a certain genre, then you will already listen to a certain genre and know a bit aout it. aka what are the main bands, so then you can skim through the list and of easy sings and find one under a band you know to be in that particular genre. If not, i dubt they would have too much of a problem with you starting a thread. The bass forumers are a really friendly bunch imo
what is allowed in the bass forum or not is decided by the moderators of that forum (anarkee, FbSa, and Deliriumbassist). i'm sure any of them would be happy to help you with anything related to the bass forum - just send one of them a private message
from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by divid3d
what is allowed in the bass forum or not is decided by the moderators of that forum (anarkee, FbSa, and Deliriumbassist). i'm sure any of them would be happy to help you with anything related to the bass forum - just send one of them a private message
imho this is not only the right way to deal with this, but good advice in general.

if you're unsure of something,
PMing the Mod for the forum you want to do that in shows respect for the community.

and PMing them with a polite question like that puts them on their radar ... in a good way.
it's not a substitute for reading the rules and the stickies,
but after you've done that, they'll be glad to clarify any lingering doubts.
helping users is the pleasant part of their job.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.