Right now I own a Yamaha Eterna and I personally find the action too high. Is lowering it simply inserting an allen wrench into the truss rod and turning clockwise slightly or is there more that I should know?

I'm also looking into buying an electric acoustic. Preferably a guitar with unique woods very pleasing to the eye yet still composes a bright tone. What I've had my eye on is the Fender CD220SCE Asian Ebony but I'm unable to go to a local guitar center so I've only been looking online.

Fender Asian Ebony

My price range is around $400. Recommendations, please.

Thank you.
lowering action should be done by adjusting the truss rod. you only want to adjust the truss rod if you want to change the relief (or bend) in the neck. this can affect the action of the guitar but its best to try and lower the bridge/saddle first.

i have a fender acoustic electric very similar to that one (mine is actually the cd220ce)
and i like it, it has low action, very playable and it sounds clear and bright (to my ears anyways...)
Quote by TheBuddhistPalm
lowering action should be done by adjusting the truss rod. you only want to adjust the truss rod if you want to change the relief (or bend) in the neck. this can affect the action of the guitar but its best to try and lower the bridge/saddle first.

i have a fender acoustic electric very similar to that one (mine is actually the cd220ce)
and i like it, it has low action, very playable and it sounds clear and bright (to my ears anyways...)

Should be done? Lowering the action should NOT be done with the truss rod.

I'm impartial to Fender acoustic guitars. They're alright... not the most amazing thing in the world though. Check out the stickied thread "guitars for $300 and under"
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by captivate
Should be done? Lowering the action should NOT be done with the truss rod.

I'm impartial to Fender acoustic guitars. They're alright... not the most amazing thing in the world though. Check out the stickied thread "guitars for $300 and under"

OOPS!
yeah, i meant shouldnt. lol.
I would put your priorities in a listed order first... based on what you said I would personally go with...

1- Tone
2-Eye-candy
3-Woods? if the tone is there it really shouldnt matter what kind of wood it is right?

then start shopping in that order. also I would strongly recommend against buying something you haven't at least gotten to strum a few chords on first. you seriously would regret it if you got it and looks pretty but you hated to play it ya know? ne1 good luck with the buy i know that "guitar shopping" feeling and love it haha

oh yea and I've found that the whole "eye candy" factor changes when you get your guitar lol. when I first got mine I thought it looked "ok" but now I think its the prettiest girl in the bunch haha
Uhh... Never make eye-candy your second priority. that's asking for disaster.

The priorities should be in this order, and im sure many will agree with me.

1. Sound
2. Comfort
3. Looks

The first two requirements MUST be met. Yes, sound is more important, but if you cant play it comfortably then you won't be getting any of that sound anyway. Looks should be last.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.