Poll: Was he right to punish me?
Poll Options
View poll results: Was he right to punish me?
Yes, you deserve the detention
23 20%
No, it's your computer, your files.
64 55%
Rape him.
29 25%
Voters: 116.
Ok, so the computer i use for school, my personal laptop had a motivational picture of a black man jumping and under it, it said "Flying Niggers" While i was going through my pics, someone must have seen, because i got reported. I got sent to the dean and he said i shouldnt have it, even if it is my personal computer. He gave me a saturday detention. Not like i have anything to do saturday but fap, but i have to get up earlier. So, was he right to punish me for my files on my personal computer? Also, the principal talked to my cousin, who was picking me up and told him "Don't fucking worry about it, it's nothing", which proves i have a cool principal.

Edit: Forgot to say, i didn't bring the laptop just to show the picture. I bring it daily to take notes.
When all else fails, ask the pit.
Last edited by I-Watch-Anime at Nov 5, 2008,
he probably just didnt want any1 to get offended if some1 happend to see it, so idk its kinda fvcked up cuz its ur pc but i guess he was just doing his job.
D;
Quote by I-Watch-Anime
Ok, so the computer i use for school, my personal laptop had a motivational picture of a black man jumping and under it, it said "Flying Niggers" While i was going through my pics, someone must have seen, because i got reported. I got sent to the dean and he said i shouldnt have it, even if it is my personal computer. He gave me a saturday detention. Not like i have anything to do saturday but fap, but i have to get up earlier. So, was he right to punish me for my files on my personal computer? Also, the principal talked to my cousin, who was picking me up and told him "Don't fucking worry about it, it's nothing", which proves i have a cool principal.

Isn't the principal at the top of the food chain. Last time I checked

Higher power's word > Lower power's word.

Aka. the principle could get you outta that detention.
ya, school is no democracy
To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true.

your computer, your property.
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Why didn't you just say what file? You admitted it, if you had not they couldn't force you to find the file on the computer for it. (unless a teacher saw it)

Quote by wizards?
So if I wore that on a t shirt and everyone sees it I'm still in the right?

Yes, F$$% the government for trying to tell you what you can and can't say (or support)
Well, legally they arent allowed to go through your personal stuff. but since people already knew about it, he probably jsut gave you a detention so that no one would start to b!tch about it. Just to make it seem like you're getting punished.
Quote by St.Loony
Girls are complicated - Just turn gay and don't bother.

Quote by MightyAl
OK, so now, for Christmas, I'd like the ability to have an erection again.

Quote by smartguyreviews
one time i got up in the middle of the night to take a shit... and the toilet seat was warm....
Quote by wizards?
So if I wore that on a t shirt and everyone sees it I'm still in the right?

no because thats a pubilc display. This was on his persoanl computer in a file.

EDIT: sorry for the double post
Quote by St.Loony

Quote by MightyAl

Quote by smartguyreviews
one time i got up in the middle of the night to take a shit... and the toilet seat was warm....
no....you don't really deserve it but sometimes that kinda shit happens anyway. BUT HEY you can totally re-enact the breakfast club lol

Listen to my covers here.

"Some even claim that I'm a terror, a dictator and they're right." - Lou Reed

AK-ROWDY
Quote by Zenith Lead
no because thats a pubilc display. This was on his persoanl computer in a file.

Doesn't matter. They have the right to search your computer sadly, so if they see something like that, they report it.
The point is it was visible and someone saw it, and that person cared enough about seeing it to report you. If the school randomly looked through your computer, then you shouldn't be punished for it. Since it was visible enough for people to see it and get offended, you deserve it.
Patrick Star of The Jelly fishing Club PM darkstar2644 to Join
As long as you didn't publicly display it you shouldn't get in trouble.
Well, it could go either way, but you gotta be careful with that shit! I have a mate that bought his phone to school (phones were banned at my school when I was there) & anyway he had it confiscated by the principal & he had pics of this chicks(who shall not be named) tits on his phone anyway the principal went through his phone & asked the chick if she gave the pics to him to which she replied 'no!' & he actually ended up expelled over it! that & he got caught selling cigs the next day

EDIT: Pic? come on we all wanna see it!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by wizards?
Doesn't matter. They have the right to search your computer sadly, so if they see something like that, they report it.

Really? Last i heard they couldnt. They couldnt go through your computer or phone, but they could go through your dorm (assuming you're in college) That is why i now have my own house
Quote by St.Loony

Quote by MightyAl

Quote by smartguyreviews
Quote by I-Watch-Anime
Ok, so the computer i use for school, my personal laptop had a motivational picture of a black man jumping and under it, it said "Flying Niggers" While i was going through my pics, someone must have seen, because i got reported. I got sent to the dean and he said i shouldnt have it, even if it is my personal computer. He gave me a saturday detention. Not like i have anything to do saturday but fap, but i have to get up earlier.

Don't do it again or you'll get banned!
you had something that wasnt supposed to be in school, ( the picture not the cpu )

if i went somewhere with drugs in my pocket i cant say well the drugs are in my personal pocket

and besides i put my drugs in my shoe, haha
And the funny thing is, he sounds like such a tool. On the letter, he wrote the caption it had. In caps. "(My name) had a picture/image on his computer of a black man jumping over a bed with 'FLYING NIGG.." under it." And i deleted the pic before he had a chance to search it, so i dont still have it to show you guys
I was also told by my cousin(who went to that school in 99-03 and was a troublemaker) i should set my penis as the background.
Part of schooling is to teach good behavior... so yeah, you should probably get a detention for that.
The medium is the message!
I don't think he cares personally, just so if someone says something about it, and they find out he knew about it and didn't do something about it, he'd get in trouble.

I don't think you deserve it, but it'll help him in the long run.

Just make those files hidden.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
That's stupid, it's not even offensive to anyone, maybe if you were showing it to people and saying "lol niggaz iz so stupid roflmao" but it was just on your computer.
Sorry I just can't stand punishing people for crap like this.