Poll: will Obama get assassinated?
Poll Options
View poll results: will Obama get assassinated?
Yep
157 42%
Nope
219 58%
Voters: 376.
Page 1 of 6
So today in Subway me and a friend were gettin some food and a couple guys in the line were joking about how they hope he gets shot and how he is going to destroy America...and this is in NYC, a place that overwhelmingly voted for Obama..I was abit shocked, but after I looked on Wikipedia I realised McCain was supported heavily in almost every Southern State and even many north states in the Midwest. If a overwhelmingly blue state like NY is breeding this kind of hatred only 1 day after his election, I don't even know what to think some of the extreme people in Virginia, Texas, Alabama etc are saying, planning/plotting.

I think sadly Obama won't live through his first term. In a way its perfect irony, because being the first African American president is a huge win for the black community and everyone else who believes in progressive change for that matter, and now sadly we are going to be set back 150 years to a time when blacks were killed for having an opinion. Me and my friend immediately starting tripping out because the Civil war that would result would be insane..and all because of one or two loonies.

Thoughts?
lots of attempts and plans? yes

someone actually having the balls and the brains to do it? very unlikely
Time will tell....
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
I REALLY hope he doesn't get assassinated, but I'm sure there will be plenty attempts. Racism will always be around, and there will always be someone who takes it way too far.
for sure he's a target. it could happen.
To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true.

he's pretty well protected.....security wise..but mebe...we'll have to see
Quote by Jackolas
You are my favorite August 08er, sir!

One day, when the time has come,
The truth will shine, we'll never run.
We both know just how feel,
I'm praying to god that this is real.
No. This will be closed.
So, *reported*.
Nobody else post in this.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
There might be a few attempts, but I think that security is expecting a higher threat level and will adjust accordingly.
“Any other day I’d say no, but today I’m gonna go ahead and just say no.”

-Dr. Cox
Im pretty sure there will atleast be an attempt, wether it suceeds or not however. . .

EDIT: Another attempt, I think there was already one a while ago.
Quote by xander307
that wasnt scary daryldom, it turned me on

Proud Canadian Eh?
There will be attempts I'm sure, but as was mentioned in the secret service thread yesterday, he will be heavily guarded, and the secret service are very good at their jobs. In short, there will be attempts, but I think he will survive.
he will get asassinated (sp?) and it will set off a race war Biden will do a fair job but will still leave much to be fixed
UG's Prodigal Son
well id be sad but on the other hand thered be a president from yes,DELAWARE (which just happens to be were i live)
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
couple guys in the line were joking about how they hope he gets shot

Those couple of guys committed a federal offense.
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
This is my thoughts on it... the best things for the people that hate him to do is not kill him. Just think about, if Obama gets killed he is going to even become bigger than he was alive.

Point is that either way Obama wins.
Last edited by Graveworm at Nov 5, 2008,
honestly, it's one of my main concerns with Obama at the moment.

but you have to admit, secret service is everywhere and if they've kept Bush alive then i don't see why they wouldn't be able to keep Obama alive.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat

Looking at it this way more of the country likes McCain then Obama.
Last edited by PureRockNRoll at Nov 5, 2008,
seriously I think every president in the past 20 years has had at least one assasination attempt, the secret service is very very good at what they do.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Its a definite maybe.

This.
I know a guy that gives us Texan Republicans a bad name who is mouthing off about doing it with his illegally obtained assault rifles. Idiot.
Quote by PureRockNRoll

Wonder why he got elected then...
Quote by tonedeafidiot
This.
I know a guy that gives us Texan Republicans a bad name who is mouthing off about doing it with his illegally obtained assault rifles. Idiot.

yeah none of these people are remotely intelligent enough to actually pull it off.

Last.fm
They will try, remember those skinheads from about a week ago? But Our next president is Half Kenyan, and from Hawaii. Which means, he surfs really fast, therefore, we no longer need a military, because wherever Barack Obama surfs, there is a Tsunami, and sometimes he goes so fast that he can carry the tsunami away from ally countries and over land to have it rain on enemy countries.
America, our next president is a superhero.
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
do you know how many people hated bush? no one assasinated his dumb ass.

and plus, most of the people that have the mindset that obama is going to ruin the country are either super rich republicans who have enough money to not care or dumb-as-rocks redneck white supremicists. they pose zero threat.
well personnaly if he gets assassnated, things are gonna get far much worse then a cival war. im gonan ggo into that thory of 1012 all you athiest belive

the propehts or what ever sayed taht a great presidant would be assassnated, and immadltly fallwing a war would brake out. if this happens, this greaters the chance for 1012 to happen. I don't belive in it, but if every thing comes true then we r scrwed
Quote by iantheman
I laughed at someone for breaking his g-string, and got sigged

Quote by Veil Of Osiris

You just made me spit out my Kool-Aid all over my keyboard.

sorry
Most likely not. It's hard enough to assassinate a President as is, no matter what those movies say. (i.e. Vantage Point)
So I'm sure that the Secret Service will beef up there security and protect him more because there is a definate possibility of an attempt.
Do I think it will succeed? No, I don't. I don't think anyone has enough brains to figure it out.
Quote by PureRockNRoll

Obama won in the electoral and popular vote. More people like him. A lot of the blue areas are densely populated, and a lot of the red is spread out.
Last edited by Masonpwiley at Nov 5, 2008,
sounds like you were listening to two idiots spewing shit out of their mouths
i have no ideaa what you are... talkin aboutt...
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.
Quote by PureRockNRoll

looking at it that way is stupid since it's the amount of people who voted and not the geographical area that matters.

Last.fm
Quote by PureRockNRoll

really? i'll be sure to congratulate President McCain then next time i see him.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by PureRockNRoll

You forgot to take in account that most of the states that supported McCain are not as populated as the ones that support Obama.
Last edited by metaldud536 at Nov 5, 2008,
I live in Missouri, the epitome of the Midwest, and that kind of hatred exists here, because it exists everywhere, but just like in other parts of the country, it is a very scarcely held viewpoint, very uncommon. I'm not saying there aren't people with racist ideas and stereotypes, but those exist everywhere. The open KKK member who openly wants Obama dead is pretty much non-existent here. As for the South, I don't know, I don't live there. Racism is surely more prevalent in the South, but the region gets a bad rap because of an overblown stereotype.
Quote by conor1148
lots of attempts and plans? yes

someone actually having the balls and the brains to do it? very unlikely

Thats what I was thinking, plus, not only the massive civil war it would start, but also the fact he has 2 young children that would become permanently scarred and most likely become social activists setting back all the progression and work America has been going through.