K, so today for the second time in past two weeks, i went into my local eye doctor place (i dunno what its called) so they could teach me how to put my contacts in...an hour and a half later, i'd managed to put one contact in my left eye (which i think was by total accident) and my right eye was sore and red.
Whenever i bring the contact to my eye, my eyes start to reflexively narrow, plus they're already pretty small (i'm asian )... Anyone else have trouble putting contacts in? Any solutions to be provided?
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Optician....

Just open your eye up with thumb undernath and finger on the top and pop that bad boy in with your other hand. It's not difficult.
Nah, my hands get kinda sweaty and my eyelids always slip...
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
optometrist

hold ur eyes open. i always look directly at my contacts when i out them in
To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true.

I can never look straight ahead when I put mine in, I always look to the left. Not sure why, just always have.

It will take you a while to manage to put them in effortlessly. But it soon becomes habit.
pull the bottom part of your eye lid down and look up stick the contact on the white of your eye and close your eye for a little bit and it should slide right into place
I know that now I just use my middle finger to pull down the lower part of my eye a bit and pop my contact in. That being said, for those who are new to contacts..

If you're right handed, that's the hand you'll use to physically put your contact lens in. Take your other hand and put your palm on your forehead in such a fashion that your fingers are pointed down towards the floor. Yes, you're going to look ridiculous. Now use that hand to pull up your eyelid. You'll look crazy, but it will help, because it will pull your eyelid upwards. Next, use your middle finger on your right hand to pull the area below your eye down. All that's left is to look up towards the ceiling and pop the lens in.

Eventually, you'll just be able to grab them and throw them in. It's like riding a bike. It seems hard at first, but once you can do it, it's cake.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
I've been reading up on laser eye surgery complications...

not pleasant
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Dude...you have NO idea

When I first got mine..they wouldnt let me take them home untill I passed their "test" they made for me cause I sucked so bad. Test was I had to put them in, and take them out at least 4 times, no longer then 10 mins.

Now, almost a year later, its a breeze. No longer then 1 min. When first starting, just hold the top eye lid up and open with your middle finger and then hold the bottom eye lid open with your 2nd hands middle finger WHILST gently keeping the contact balanced on your index finger of said 2nd hand..and popped it in. Simple as that ya follow?
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
dude you get used to it
its a natural reaction for your eye not to want something in it :P
it worls best if you dont try and put it straight on your eye but kinda on the side and let it slide in

and lol at Optican
~ Purchase your tickets; I'm kicking your crosses down ~
I know how it works..i just can't do it
i think i'll stick to glasses for a while, then try again
and you took 10 minutes..i took a total of around...3 hours? my eyes were so red, i looked incredibly blazed afterwards
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
just give it a shot once a day
you'll get it and man is it worth it
Quote by clancy256
just give it a shot once a day
you'll get it and man is it worth it

I don't think he'll be wanting to go to the optometrist every day =\

Lol I was like you, TS. Trying to get them in with my eyes turning red. Then the lady said "maybe you should come back another day". So I thought **** this, I'm not wearing those shitty glasses any more RARARRARARGH and managed to put them in in like 3 more tries
Yeah I remember when I first got them. I spent 5 minutes thinking '**** me this things welded on wtf?!' when I had already taken it out and not relised it.

Now I can throw them up in the air and they just land in my eyes, im that good.
You get used to it TS. It took me a while to get my contacts in the first time. But now I love them.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Dude, its not hard. Open your bottom eyelid with a finger then push the contact onto your eye with your other hand. Have it on your middle finger is the way it works best for me. Put it on then just blink a few times and it'll place itself. You can push it up to your cornea too without having to blink to make it form faster.

Guitars:
-Jackson DXMG (SH-2N, SH-6)
-Schecter Hellraiser C1 (18v)
-Ibanez XPT707FX (Blackouts)
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Main Amp: Mesa DR Roadster

I look up when I put them in. Looking directly at them always sketched me out.
I hope it's cold, everyday, where you are.
Quote by Demonology
I don't think he'll be wanting to go to the optometrist every day =\

Lol I was like you, TS. Trying to get them in with my eyes turning red. Then the lady said "maybe you should come back another day". So I thought **** this, I'm not wearing those shitty glasses any more RARARRARARGH and managed to put them in in like 3 more tries

welll thats not what i meant
i meant trying to out them in
i wear monthly lenses but i wear them on average for 1 year... normally take them out every 6 months. the monthly thing is just an opticians precaution incase they get sued.