So watched a few videos on Youtube, had been interested before and the videos sparked my interest again.
I'm thinking about building a System that can power 1 light, charge a laptop and a phone.
I don't really get the science of it to be honest but I think I understand that Solar Panels are not strong enough to power your devices in real-time so rather you use the panels to change a car battery which when converted will run your appliances.
Trick is to get enough power to last thought the night.

anyway, anyone looked into this or set up their own solar power system? seems like a good hobby.
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
I've actually thought about a solar powered amp (I know battery powered ones exist) for when I go to camp or travel. I believe if you do your research and you're careful not to blow anything out or overpower, it can work.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

It's..... expensive.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
it seems fairly safe, you are basically running your stuff from the battery, the panel just charges the battery.
It's interesting because if I manage to get 1 room off the grid I'd save about 15% on my electric bill.
Once you get past the initial cost, you can hopefully make enough energy on your own so that you can sell it back to your local power company.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
learn to photosynthesize
Quote by Pinballwizard93
you sir, Martinikiss7, should be president.

Jizz is where it is
Quote by Riddler
Once you get past the initial cost, you can hopefully make enough energy on your own so that you can sell it back to your local power company.

yeah I've heard of people doing that. I live in a really built up area though and don't think i'll be allowed to cover my walls with the stuff.
Just trying to cut some costs, even if I did 1 room per year might end up with a bill that's 50% less than now, only a good thing.