ok so heres the deal, i need a bedroom amp. the peavey is just too loud. i figure the blackheart little giant is the best small guitar amp for the cheapest price. but my question is could i get a good bass tone from it too? i just got an ibanez atk300 but i dont have a bass amp yet. i would assume it'd be pretty safe to run a bass through the blackheart... a 5 watt amp going through a 75 watt speaker shouldn't kill the speaker even with bass frequencies, right? or should i just compromise and get a little worse guitar amp and bass amp?
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
NEVER NEVER NEVER run a bass through a guitar amp... even low wattage ones. Guitar speakers are not designed to handle the frequencies produced by a bass - even at low volumes it will damage the speaker.
yea it's not the wattage rating, it's the frequencies that make it dangerous. i would say the blackheart is a nice bedroom/jam amp for british tones, but i don't know exactly what you're after. if you're wanting to play guitar/bass through one amp, the only good ones i know of are same if not higher wattage of your classic 50.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
I tried to play my thunderbird through my Vj for less then a minute. Sounded like the amp was going to come apart. Never tried that again.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
If you want to play both guitar and bass through one amp get a bass amp. It's the only safe way. and you'll definitely get good lows that way. But, you may have to invest in destortion pedal and a guitar eq if you don't have one.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
oh alright thanks guys... that could've turned out pretty bad lol. i think i'll go with the bass amp then
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
I've heard that comment about a bass through a guitar amp before. I'm not disputing it, nor to I plan on testing it, but does it wreck the amp or the speakers?

If it is only the speaker that can't handle the frequencies, why wouldn't you want to get a head and then just switch out the cabinet depending on what you are playing?
i'm sure the circuitry in the amp head is designed to perform at certain frequencies, so using a speaker that's designed for bass, it'll prolly sound like garbage.

but i'm no expert, this is my theory/opinion. i'll wait for someone who's sure to stop by and give their thoughts.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out