Does anybody else get annoyed by people who don't say who they voted for? I never really understand why people keep it a secret. The only reason I would is because I don't want to argue with someone, but that's about it.
Quote by The Madcap
Does anybody else get annoyed by people who don't say who they voted for? I never really understand why people keep it a secret. The only reason I would is because I don't want to argue with someone, but that's about it.

No I don't. Its a personal choice and is really none of your business. Maybe the just don't want to put down others opinions or maybe they just don't want to argue.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Quote by The Madcap

/thread
It's usually considered rude to ask someone who they voted for. People are entitled to their privacy.
The medium is the message!
Avoids confrontation. If I say I voted Obama to someone who voted McCain, they'll get all huffy and ask why I did, what do you like about his policies, blah blah blah.

It doesn't really bug me, I just say "K koo, I voted blah".
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
you shouldnt get mad when people dont tell u who they voted for cuz when they vote for the president theyre also voting to keep our FREEDOM OF SPEECH

gear:
line 6 spider valve 212
ibanez RG5EX1
vinci VE5PK
Quote by gunther_sucks
I hate political arguments. Everyone in my school judges me for supporting Obama.

Then maybe you should have supported McCain.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by brandon369852
Then maybe you should have supported McCain.

Maybe you should shut the fuck up.
Ill tell one person I voted one way and another something else. Some call this being two faced but its really just being non confrontational, every one wins.. but Mccain.
Quote by The Rambler
It's usually considered rude to ask someone who they voted for. People are entitled to their privacy.

+1

i dont personally have a problem with telling people, but im not the least bit offended if someone doesnt want to tell me who they voted for.
Quote by gunther_sucks
I hate political arguments. Everyone in my school judges me for supporting Obama.

Same. Everyone here is so amazingly right-winged it's actually kind of alarming.
The "white people report to the cotton fields" and "Keep the white house white" jokes are seriously getting old. And weren't funny in the first place :|

That said, when people ask me if I could vote, who I would vote for, I usually say jokingly something like NADER FOR PRES, '08! just so they won't plunged into a rant about how "Obama will destroy America"
DRINK APPLE JUICE
O.J. will kill you
Quote by gunther_sucks
Maybe you should shut the fuck up.

Maybe you should chill the fuck out. Sorry, I forgot, the internet is serious to some folks.
Follow me on Twitter
Maybe they are insecure about their opinions, therefore do not want people to know their political alignment.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
I've been yelled and screamed at for voting for Obama. I learned the hard way to keep my mouth shut around some people.
Airship is liek teh best giitar playr evr!!111!1!

Quote by solidgay
Don't use distortion pedals. Just bury your guitar for three weeks, and then dig it up, that should do the job.

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!
I think it's weird that people will readily speak of their sexual conquests BEFORE they reveal their political views. Happens in school all the time.
I can't vote yet, however, I don't see it necessary to diseminate the identity of your "secret ballot" hence the term secret. I'm not saying open support of a candidate is unnecessary just that some people don't like to have their views known publically.
"I was influenced to play the guitar after I saw the guy on Power Rangers do it. I figured it would be easy, since a guitar is basically a big kazoo."

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Blues Deville(For now... FOR SALE )
Quote by Thales
I think it's weird that people will readily speak of their sexual conquests BEFORE they reveal their political views. Happens in school all the time.

Politics have, strangely, become a much more sensitive issue than sex. The main reason people keep their votes private is because how volatile someone supporting the opposing candidate will react these days. It's absurd. I was working at this grocery store a few years back and two guys outside got into a fist fight over which candidate they supported. One ended up in the hospital. No matter who you support, to the other person you are either a heathen, racist, or complete idiot.
Quote by Thales

At first I read that as if you were saying politicians will readily speak of sexual conquests. If a candidate in the US mentioned a sexual conquest at all they would get ****ed in the ass, pun intended.
Quote by soulflyV
I'm pretty sure it's illegal to tell anyone who you voted for in an Australian election.

at least that's what I've been told.

Like, they'll convict you for telling people? Boy, am I glad I live in America!
Follow me on Twitter
during the canadian elections last month liberal party supports had their houses vandalized, brake lines cut, received threats
i think thats a pretty good reason not to tell people who you voted for
My sig is better than yours
One of my friends always says that he prefers not to discuss his political views, if you ask him. I'm cool with that.
I don't get bothered about not knowing people's political affiliations, it's just frustrating that they treat it as something secretive and of high value. It's an opinion, just like a lot of things in life.