Anyone know what slash is using for this solo (Effects wise) I really like the sound.
Gibson Les Paul Special Faded with Evo bridge and PAF Joe neck. Mesa Boogie Rect-o-verb.
Quote by rokknrollldude
wrathlegion, i would like to shake hands

Quote by AllUrBase
I assume you're playing just open strings, so not to scratch your frets.
Theres is no effects. Just his nice smooth and tasty solo sound
Maybe some reverb or whatever but no effects.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Yea, maybe im just hearing something. Some part of it just doesnt seem natural to me... maybe its just toooo perfect???
Gibson Les Paul Special Faded with Evo bridge and PAF Joe neck. Mesa Boogie Rect-o-verb.
Quote by rokknrollldude

Quote by AllUrBase
Last edited by Wrathlegion at Nov 6, 2008,
just a cranked Jubilee. his lead sound is really saturated and has a growl like texture to it on the neck pup, tone rolled off some. 'woman' tone pretty much. i can almost guarantee there is no effect on that song. but a deep sustaining guitar with humbuckers will achieve that sound through a marshally voiced amp. or at least close.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Yea I'm no Slash expert (or a GnR expert for that matter) but I'm pretty sure that the only effects he used back then were a delay and a wah... I know he uses Line 6 pods now with VR, but he wasn't really an effects guy back in the GnR days.
Quote by grunger
use rhythm pickup, and turn tone all the way to 0

i wouldn't turn the tone alll the way down to zero...that might sound too muddy unless you've got some really clear pups and just the right amount of gain. and i think the outro solo sounds like it could have been done on the treble pup or maybe right in the middle.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Did he throw some light delay on it, or is it just tasty reverb?
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
Actually Slash said somewhere that he wanted to get Clapton's woman tone so he selected the neck pickup and turned the tone control on the guitar to zero. Apart from that he used a Marshall and Les Paul.
******A Console Cowboy****** 1
Quote by Daneeka
Actually Slash said somewhere that he wanted to get Clapton's woman tone so he selected the neck pickup and turned the tone control on the guitar to zero. Apart from that he used a Marshall and Les Paul.

true that may of been how he did it, but tone at zero on slash's LP won't sound the same as tone at zero on any others'. Some amps might not produce a good lead sound with no tone at all on the guitar, so the TS will really have to experiment.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Yea, I'll try it out... I really doubt i'll like the sound of just the neck pickup... maybe just in the middle.
Quote by rokknrollldude

Quote by AllUrBase
i use that sound alot for solos.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
playing on the neck pup sounds great unless you've got a REALLY crap amp or REALLY crap pups...i love the sound of my neck pup tone.

if using your neck pup results in an unusable tone, then somethings wrong.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH