I am on a budget and I'm thinking about buying one. I'm kind of downgrading ( I already own a Fender Fat Strat), but I'm just sick of giving all these companies my $$, honestly. How do Squiers sound? Do they stay in tune?

I play hard rock music, not heavy metal.
the Vintage Modified and Classic Vibe series Squiers are great guitars, especially for the price.

My CV Tele has no problems staying in tune and it sounds very nice.
i have a squire strat that i have used for years. its a good guitar if your on a low budget but you still want something thats decent/good.
My Squier Standard Series Telecaster was a steal and I really don't regret buying it. For the price it does great. If you've got no problem selling the Fat Strat, I'm sure you'll still be satisfied with a nicer Squier and some extra coin in your pocket.
honestly, I think they are great guitars for the money, if you get a nice one.

I've played lots of affinity strats and teles that completely sucked, and I've also played some that play nicer than my MIM tele and Ibanez.

Personally, I think the necks on some of those squiers are amazing. They're really thin, but not too flat. I also think the pickups sound better than the Standard MIM Fenders.

I kinda wish I had just gotten a squier instead of spending $400 on my Tele.

If you find one that you think plays well, make sure its in decent shape (level frets, stable bridge, stable tuners), get it professionally set up, and you will already have a great guitar. Not to mention the future upgrade possibilities.

Just make sure you play before you buy.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
I own a Squier bass and a used Squier Strat, and I must say that they haven't let me down yet. They're very solid guitars, and are good playing for the price. I certainly recommend them, as they are not only inexpensive and play well, but are also such a quality that they can be upgraded for a price much smaller than buying another guitar.
So anyways, what I'm trying to say is, yes, buy a Squier.
I have one. i like the feel, the neck feels nice. I tune up...once every couple days? Not bad...it's a standard series.
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
the only thing with squier is you really have to try before you buy, there's definitely some gems in the mix but there's more crappy ones so you have to pick a good one. i have a squier strat as a backup and it feels fantastic, low action, no buzz, holds tune forever. doesn't get much better for $150 if you ask me.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
I cut my teeth on the cheapest Squire made. That guitar never had any issues. It did exactally what it was intended to do. it even had that cheap trem on it. but it stayed in tune nicely.
I have an affinity series strat. One of the greatest things about squiers is that since they were made for beginners, they are built like f***ing TANKS. And yes, squiers do get a lot of undo crap because people compare them to a MIA Fender. Which they are not. They are beginner/budget guitars. And very good ones at that
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by USAPeavey
honestly, I think they are great guitars for the money, if you get a nice one.

I've played lots of affinity strats and teles that completely sucked, and I've also played some that play nicer than my MIM tele and Ibanez.

Personally, I think the necks on some of those squiers are amazing. They're really thin, but not too flat. I also think the pickups sound better than the Standard MIM Fenders.

I kinda wish I had just gotten a squier instead of spending $400 on my Tele.

If you find one that you think plays well, make sure its in decent shape (level frets, stable bridge, stable tuners), get it professionally set up, and you will already have a great guitar. Not to mention the future upgrade possibilities.

Just make sure you play before you buy.

this
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
yes. squiers are ok for the price, go and buy it!
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
I have a Strat pack Strat, and it's actually very nice...pups area little muddy on cleans and it used to go out of tune a lot (Grover tuners FTW), but other than that, I'm happy...
well, not really...through the learning proccess I have come to HATE Strats and have become a Les Paul guy, but as far as value, I couldn't really ask for more...get one, and if you have to, spend $60 on the tuners. lol...
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
My first guitar ever was a squire, i didnt know anything about anything. i was very happy with it. I learned on it, and since i had never played anything else i thought it was great. Now i have an ESP LTD mh250lt, a Schecter C-1 hellraiser, and a epiphone les paul standard. The ESP is my favorite. But i miss that old squire. i wish i would of kept it>
I own a Squier Strat HSS 'Obey' design. I think it's the top end of Squier and it's really nice to play in my opinion.

Go try them out if you wanna see if they're worth the money.
IMO they're better than epiphone.
I had a couple of Squiers, and one was nice, but I sold it earlier this year. It was a Squier Stagemaster with a set neck, reverse headstock, LFR, 24 frets and a HSH pickup config. It was probably the nicest Squier I've ever played, and if you can get your hands on one, I highly recommend it if you're into floyded guitars.

I kinda regret selling mine. Sold it for $120USD I think.

Also, I had a Squier Bullet that my father baught me in a pawn shop in North Carolina when I was about 8 years old. I didn't start playing at that time, but that's what I wound up learning on at first. It wasn't to bad for $50USD. I believe that was just a S/S/S Squier with a maple neck.

I really wish I never sold that thing.
Sold that one for $25.
Last edited by caraluzzo at Nov 6, 2008,
I've had my Squier Strat for six or seven years and haven't complained about it a day in my life. I love the versatility, and the sound that it puts out, even with my crappy amp. I think mine goes for $80. I might just be humble, but I'm completely satisfied. And on tuning, I can go a few days to a week without tuning (playing daily). Maybe I lucked out and got a great one, but it's still playing amazing. In my opinion, for the little money that's involved, go for it.
alex0203 I didn't pay attention to the age of this thread but im a guitar nut! I love sexy girls and sexy guitars.. I've owned more guitars than I could keep up with and you can't count on brands or where it was made man. I've owned Gibson's that sounded like ass and I've had cheap Washburn's that were so ugly my mom wouldn't let me bring em in the house but plug em in and they'd play their selves.. I have customized every guitar I've ever owned and right now there is an MIA strat on my wall next to a MIM squire series strat that I loaded with Grover's two EMGs and a center hot rail after buying it from a pawn shop and it's my go to guitar. For any tone.. you can buy a terd and polish her up man.. anything to do with music works like this, You get back out what you put in man.. I have a few esp, Gibson's, Washburn's, and I dunno what else but that squire is one bad mofo after modification.. any squires machine head's or tuners are gonna blow ass standard. Just a warning. But I still used the original bridge and even carved out for a full size neck humbucker and cheaper wood doesn't always mean worse sound brother. That bitch sustains and screams for days... Total, prob 350.00 after upgrades and I'm telling ya, it's my go to guitar sitting next to a a "few" thousand doller other guitars.. throw you a slick pick guard and decent pups and you'll prob take it to bed with you.