Hey Pit...I am a spanking new member (08'er checking in ). I moderate on a motorcycle forum, and I understand the delicacies of posting crap vs. welcoming new members with the same silly assed posts and questions. This is a great place I have noticed, but I wonder why so many members are so quick to use the "searchbar" response. I luvs me some searchbar, but I will argue that none of us can come up with an original topic. Apparently, a room full of monkeys will eventually come up with the same stuff as any of us. I am not trying to start any garbage, but I just wanted to make an observation. Much love to the Pit...
It's a UG newbie joke.

It's not even funny, but people insist on still using it. >_>
Searchbar would like to be first to welcome you.

EDIT: Damn, this is embarrassing.
Quote by Crazymike100

You disgust me.

Quote by jack_off_joel
bro u are definately gay

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
A backstabbin' bitch who calls himself the 'oracle'?

Quote by 100%guitarmad
I AM GOING TO HAVE TO REFER TO THE FIRST QUOTE IN YOUR SIGNATURE

UG loves me so much. Do you?

MY NAME IS JACOB. CALL ME THAT.
Wow. There's already a thread like this.

Searchbar.
█████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
SEARCHBAAAAAAR!!

haha I`ve always noticed the same thing as you man haha. I`ve creeped on these boards for awhile before I finally decided to join. I think the searchbar thing is more like a UG exclusive meme.
Eh, I only report when there is an "ONLY" or "OFFICIAL" thread for it....or if there is currently a thread exactly the same as it open somewhere and they can continue using that one. But only if its exactly the same.

That or when it is a very offensive or spam thread. etc.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
The problem is not really with people not using the searchbar (nobody cares if you remake a thread that was made 3 years ago), the problem is with people not using google/their common sense for trivial questions.
Quote by foob85
It's a UG newbie joke.

It's not even funny, but people insist on still using it. >_>

No, it's not. It's because people make countless threads that already exist, over and over, because they're too lazy to make sure it's not already there.

Quote by Freddedonna
The problem is not really with people not using the searchbar (nobody cares if you remake a thread that was made 3 years ago), the problem is with people not using google/their common sense for trivial questions.

And THIS. Some guy literally started a thread the other day and asked "what is the URL for Harmony Central reviews?"
You're*
So...I am feeling that if you post about "Who is your favorite band" or "Do you like to fap" or "What id the size of your wiener"...you are going to get a "searchbar" beatdown. I can totally dig that. Again, I am new, and I have not seen all of the annoying questions that can come up in the Pit.
Quote by voodoochyl
...of course, I am going to get a ton of "searchbar" responses...hahahahaha!!!

yes, because many members of the pit are either unoriginal or simply like sounding like assholes.

another thing that bugs me is when people insert *reported* with their comment. why rub it in someone's face?
Quote by voodoochyl
So...I am feeling that if you post about "Who is your favorite band" or "Do you like to fap" or "What id the size of your wiener"...you are going to get a "searchbar" beatdown. I can totally dig that. Again, I am new, and I have not seen all of the annoying questions that can come up in the Pit.

Heh, a lot comes up. I think of the Pit as a PG-13 /b/.
welcome to UG! where your Join Date is also your Date of Birth. Where people will actually go to the effort of reporting you and tell you they have reported you rather than just leave the thread. Where catchphrases from 4chan end up here 4 years after. Where you can't ask a question without it being referred to your Join Date.
Welcome indeed.
Quote by voodoochyl

There's a lot of them.
Quote by Survivalism
No, it's not. It's because people make countless threads that already exist, over and over, because they're too lazy to make sure it's not already there.

And THIS. Some guy literally started a thread the other day and asked "what is the URL for Harmony Central reviews?"

You're kidding me right? There really isn't someone out there that stupid is there?
That's like asking what the URL for http://www.gibson.com is...
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
a kazoo will rock some ass for like 85 cents.

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Krik harmret cuz he can prey der gertur wit te wurr wurr pedar!!

http://www.myspace.com/caledonia
Quote by dudius
yes, because many members of the pit are either unoriginal or simply like sounding like assholes.

another thing that bugs me is when people insert *reported* with their comment. why rub it in someone's face?

This:
Quote by FrenchyFungus

NO POSTING IN REPORTED THREADS
- Once a thread has been reported (using the report button underneath the first post of the thread) and someone has posted "*reported*" in the thread, you are no longer allowed to post in it.
- There is a 2-minute window in which people will not be punished for posting that they have reported a thread which has already been reported.
- Posting in a reported thread for any reason other than reporting it is unacceptable and will be considered spam. If a thread has already been reported, just leave it alone and a moderator will get to it ASAP.
Punishment: Decided by the moderator. This usually results in a warning.
Quote by GaijinFoot
welcome to UG! where your Join Date is also your Date of Birth. Where people will actually go to the effort of reporting you and tell you they have reported you rather than just leave the thread. Where catchphrases from 4chan end up here 4 years after. Where you can't ask a question without it being referred to your Join Date.
Welcome indeed.

jeeze only 2008
Quote by voodoochyl

no you will most likely get those threads closed cause they are i guess spam now or because most noobs make one everyday

edit: Goddamn it Vos and Thales
Quote by nincompoop
potcorn56, you are a god.
Quote by voodoochyl

You'll most likely be reported and thread will be closed. If you want to get a good understanding of how the pit works, read the rules up top(sticky).
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by GaijinFoot
welcome to UG! where your Join Date is also your Date of Birth.

The date you joined on UG is like the birth on UG.

Where people will actually go to the effort of reporting you and tell you they have reported you rather than just leave the thread.

Its done so people posting know its been reported so they know not to post.

Where catchphrases from 4chan end up here 4 years after.

We actually retrieve them fairly fast, within months.

Where you can't ask a question without it being referred to your Join Date.
Welcome indeed.

Don't be an idiot, read the rules, then no one will have to say anything to.

Oh yeah..Don't double post.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Everyone has been very nice...I must admit to not having read all the rules, but I can understand how hard it must be to keep the peace in a place like this. I will read the rules, and try not to post a bunch of crap. Look for me in future threads...I will be imploring members to use the searchbar...hahahaha!!!
Even if a thread has never been done before, some asshole will always try and incorporate a searchbar joke, because they think it's funny

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Freddedonna
This:

oh, i admit i never put two and two together after reading the rules. to me, it always seemed snobby, kinda like the searchbar jokes.
Hey bud, what do you ride?
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
Quote by hyroglyph!c
Hey bud, what do you ride?

I ride a Honda CBR 600 F4i...sex on wheels! What do you ride?