Ok, so i was looking at instructions online of how to de-fret my guitar. I kinda really want to do it. My question is what are the chances of screwing this up. And if i don't have the fret puller, can i use a pair of pliers or something.

LINK: http://www.unfretted.com/loader.php?LINK=/classes/em_defret2
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
Quote by shaggydogJV
Ok, so i was looking at instructions online of how to de-fret my guitar. I kinda really want to do it. My question is what are the chances of screwing this up. And if i don't have the fret puller, can i use a pair of pliers or something.

LINK: http://www.unfretted.com/loader.php?LINK=/classes/em_defret2

if youre rockin a strat id say buy a shit neck, and de fret it and put it on. be careful because you can really bugger your neck up. But id say do it, fretless basses are awesome, and fretless guitars would be even more awesome. but you have to but some nice think strings on it or its going to sound really thin. Get some d'addario chromes (flat wound strings). Pretty awesome for jazz.
myspace.com/soundsofmeta
i just used a screwdriver n a hammer to get em out a lil then used pliers...it looks ugly as shit but it still sounds great n plays great
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
Quote by BBell
if youre rockin a strat id say buy a shit neck, and de fret it and put it on. be careful because you can really bugger your neck up. But id say do it, fretless basses are awesome, and fretless guitars would be even more awesome. but you have to but some nice think strings on it or its going to sound really thin. Get some d'addario chromes (flat wound strings). Pretty awesome for jazz.

no, it's a shitty washburn X-27 seven string. it has horrible fret buzz. so i was just going to buy a new neck, but then i realized i could maybe create a fretless.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?