Page 1 of 2
I saw The Butterfly Effect last night, and they were incredible as always. But I was completely pissed off by a group of people who were in the mosh with me.

I figure, everyone pays the same amount to see the band, so we should all get to enjoy the music without having to worry. Instead, a group of about 30, decided to start danger moshing, running into people, decking each other, and drawing all the attention from the band to them, as people were worried for their safety. I was towards the back of the mosh (it was a small venue, and I like being on the floor at the back, your close to the band, but not packed in tight) enjoying the band, until these #$#%$#%$# decided to form a circle and start running at each other, throwing innocent bystanders into it, people who were just happy to stand and watch the band. To cap it all off, I watched some guy just cannon into a girl half his size, she was just standing watching the band, singing along, when he cleaned her up, got up, and ran off.

What the f***?

What is the point in going to a gig, and trying to endanger the safety of those around you? I'm all for having a jump in the mosh, but taking out people who just want to watch the band is wrong.

If you want to run into other people, go to the car park and do it, and let the rest of us enjoy the music.
Fender USA Standard Stratocaster
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Tonerider British Distortion
Tonerider American Overdrive
Boss DD7
Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker
Treble Booster.
I used to jump around and run into people, but then I realized how ignorant it is. Also, people have different ideas about what's acceptable. Push pits really wouldn't be to terrible, just kind of annoying, but most people take it to far with kicking and punching. It's even worse when you want nothing to do with it.
Quote by brandonian
you nose started bleeding, so the first thing you do is post it on UG? i don't understand the reasoning behind that one my friend

Quote by unplugtheradio
screw grammar i practice economic typing.
Hmm. I see this a lot when I go to shows. It seems that there are people who are willing to pay excess of 20 dollars (It's not that much, but shit it helps) just to mosh and not even listen to the music. I've seen people just get pulled in and stuff and get completely destroyed because of people like this.
I'm all for a good mosh myself, although personally I like to be up front, but WTF?!?
Some people are just stupid.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
a kazoo will rock some ass for like 85 cents.

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Krik harmret cuz he can prey der gertur wit te wurr wurr pedar!!

http://www.myspace.com/caledonia
although i occasionally take part in these things, i do hate how some assholes take out people who want nothing to do with it.
moshing is part of a metal concert, it cant be denied. but when you get assholes who want to get into it to FIGHT, thats when things go bad and people really get hurt.
This one drunk guy tried to mosh and ended up kicking me in the face...

It was okay though. I was at the Black Label Society show so it kind of fit the moment.
Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against moshing. As far as I'm concerned do what you like, as long as its not going to either endanger other peoples safety or ruin the experience. You're there to see the band, not worry about some fat bastard cannoning into you because he thinks he's awesome.
Fender USA Standard Stratocaster
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Tonerider British Distortion
Tonerider American Overdrive
Boss DD7
Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker
Treble Booster.
Quote by ChordMonger
moshing can be fun. dont hate on it just cause those guys are dickheads

That's the thing, he mentioned that he doesn't mind moshing at all
he is specifically targeting out people like he mentioned
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Screw moshing like that. Head banging and light heart jumping and banging into mates is all thats needed.
Inhuman evil take down!
reminds me of this video this girl sent me of "hardcore dancing" at hardcore show. these little tall thin indie boys would run in spin do a few kicks and run away like little cowards. i would just love to go to a show and just deck the little indie boys in the grill and laugh at them.
I'm 6'6", 300 lbs, so I usually just destroy the fags that take out innocents and chicks.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
screwed up
just leave the mosh if it goes like that
i havent been to a gig like that
but i havent actually been to all that many
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
I enjoy doing it with friends to top 40 singles from the radio in a friendly fashion.
But only when we're drunk.

Good fun.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Quote by Shirate
I'm 6'6", 300 lbs, so I usually just destroy the fags that take out innocents and chicks.

this.

also, headbanging is awesome, but moshing with people who dont want to pisses me off.

there were people trying to mosh at a tool concert, but then this tall huge guy (was it you??) just went and grabbed them and held them in his armpits until they gave up
Quote by Shirate

How about assholes? Or jerk-offs? Or losers? Or the biggest wastes of space in existence?

Why fags? I mean seriously... It's not necessary.

I'm not saying... I'm just saying... You know?
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
circle pits are fun. i don't care what you say.
"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile
Quote by fudger
reminds me of this video this girl sent me of "hardcore dancing" at hardcore show. these little tall thin indie boys would run in spin do a few kicks and run away like little cowards. i would just love to go to a show and just deck the little indie boys in the grill and laugh at them.

thin yet 6 foot tall indie boy here. Prefers the push and bump style moshing. especially into you 300 lb guys. i like running into squishy walls.
Quote by vlp_dope
circle pits are fun. i don't care what you say.

this

but then again i only go to metal conceerts where 90% of ppl agree with me

the other 10% sit on the side
Quote by darkstar2466
Leniency? In the metal forum? This is unheard of. People get massacred here for just walking by.
doing "danger moshings fine at like... slayer or sumthn.. youd expect it there. but if your going to the butterfly effect itd be shit. you shouldv raped them
i just like to watch the band perform.

my gf took me to a MCR gig with Thursday supporting, the crowd was a mixed bunch (kids, adults, couples) most just watching the bands. there was a guy in the pit hitting, kicking and jumping into anyone near him. (we were on the edge of the pit, not by choice), he kicked my girl and she wanted to leave (it was her first gig), so we decided to move ourselves away from the pit. we ended up stood behind two tall guys which sucked!

i dont understand why people need to act like kids wen at a gig, if u are a kid then fine, but like in my example, the guy in the pit was at least 20.
It all depends on what kinda gig your at a guess. Moshing at tool...not cool, mosh at lamb of god, hell yes.

I hate the guys that take it a little too far though, tends to be the bigger guys who think they're the biggest thoughest badasses out there, smashing little kids, not helping anyone up, smashing into little girls and the like.
Thing is; size and weight dont count for alot when a couple of guys with a lil mma background decide to ground you in the middle of the pit

Also... hardcore dancing ... WTF?! I was happily getting my mosh on to walls of jericho and some dude just basically punches me in the face (non accidentially) and splits my eye open. Good times.

To sum up, moshing is all about the atmosphere.
God and Country are an unbeatable team; they break all records for oppression and bloodshed.
the way i see it in a mosh you have a 40x40cm square to yourself...do with it what u wish just stay the fuk in it
Quote by neopowell
That would be amazing. "I WILL BURN EVERYTHING!" *Garrigan appears with bucket* "Fuck this for a giggle, I'm outta here..."

Blog?
follow me
In my opinion, I think moshing is for fags.

But his or her to their own.

My reason though is that, you go to a show for the music. If you want to mosh, go into your background with a group of your "hardcore buddies", turn up the speakers, and do it there.

There's no point ruining the night for other fans just because you want to throw your fists around like a retarded street fighter.
Quote by srvguitarrulez
I heard someone say that Fall Out Boy had amazing guitarwork. But, it was a 13 year old girl, so it didn't matter.
Hardcore dancing is hilarious, but it ruins a show for people. Take your ninja kicks and stick them up your fucking arse, douchebags.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Moshing is better than hardcore dancing at times. If it is just a controlled push pit were people help each other out by picking them up when they fall and not involving those who don't want to then thats ok. Now if they throw people into the pit or just try and hurt each other.

Hardcore dancing 23 yr old Marines on vacation doing perfect spin kicks and windmills is a little scary. And painful.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Quote by CoreysMonster
this.

also, headbanging is awesome, but moshing with people who dont want to pisses me off.

there were people trying to mosh at a tool concert, but then this tall huge guy (was it you??) just went and grabbed them and held them in his armpits until they gave up

UNfortunately not sir, but it is definitely something I WOULD do
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
i mosh. i guess you would call it. i dont push people into the pit. i dont run into or hit people on the outter ring by the pit.i have been doing so for about 17 years. but what i do hate is this new fad called hardcore dancing
Moshing isn't always bad, it can be quite fun sometimes.
But the thing that REALLY pisses me off is those damn hardcore dancers. ><
I was at an Underoath concert two weeks ago with The Devil Wears Prada supporting.
I was down on the floor during the very beginning of TDWP just minding my own business with my friends.
Then a huge pit just opened up on the floor, and I was shoved into it by someone.
It was filled with lame-ass hardcore dancers swinging their limbs all over with no regard for anyone.
Like 5 seconds after getting shoved in, I got a forearm straight to my face. I stumbled around for a few seconds then I got hit AGAIN IN THE FACE.
My friends told me later that I blacked out and got a concussion from it.
I didn't remember ANY of the rest of their set and they apparently played for a half hour longer.
But I came to my senses in time for Underoath (whom were amazing, btw).
WOW.

That's why I hate hardcore dancers.
Last edited by GanonDragmire at Nov 6, 2008,
Anyone who has been is enough moshes will tell you that there is, to a degree, moshing code of conduct. ex- pick up anyone who falls over, never try to seriously injure someone ect. What those guys were doing sounds like a bunch of ****.

EDIT - ALL "hardcore dancers" can, and should die.
Pinky19 pretty much summed it up

Pits can be awesome, if the guys in it are cool, pick each other up when you fall, don't go in there to injure anyone.

I remember when I saw Motorhead (My first gig) and in a pit I got my glasses knocked off, after the song finished I guy came up to me and handed me the mangled remains of them and patted me on the shoulder for getting stuck in, That is awesome in my opinion

Similar thing happened in trivium, some retard "Hardcore Dancing" smashed me in the back of the head during Gunshot, a mate picked me up, then the tard kicked him in the crotch!
thats why anyone who hardcore dances should be castrated then mutilated (You heard Me)
Moshing would be fun...if my friends would come in with me when we went to the unholy alliance.
I'm not scared of going in alone, i just don't want to get split up from my friends and spend ages trying to find em.

I wouldn't push or pull people into the pit,though.
But i could see myself getting angry at some drunk twat and ending up punching him...then more than likely a harder punch back :S.
I'm gonna go ahead and play devils advocate here. It is extremely annoying and old to hear about people bitch every time they get thrust into the moshpit. Yes I get it. You love the band and want to see them preform. But for the love of god. Moshing is ingrained in Metal culture. Some people love them violent, and some people like the kiddy pushing. Its a matter of preference, this doesn't make anyone assholes.

These people dont know you, they've never met you before. But you both love the same band, and they like to dance to metal. It is a bit annoying when you get thrust into the pit, and all you want to do is watch the band. I get it, I love both. Watching a band stoned is awesome. And so is being lost in a sea of warfare.

But when you start complaining about the size of a mosh pit. Or how these guys are assholes for doing it, that just makes you a number of things, all of them being bad.

Now I can see why everyone wants to jump up in arms every time they get hit or the mosh pit reaches them. But to go to a metal concert, Be up in front of the band and NOT get involved in the mosh pit at some point in time. It's just unreasonable. I get it, I'm not trying to bash anyone here. But Metal is Metal. Metal shows are the one place where moshing is truly acceptable. So quit the hating, its stupid.

"That guy" who barreled into a women and helped her up. May very well not have done that on purpose. He may have just been thrown with the momentum. That's happened to me countless times. The very nature of metal is all about rolling with a tough crowd. You just don't know and the mosh pit hate is old. Moshing not stupid. Its fun for a lot of people, and it's a scene that has saved countless lives (Ie. depression suicide etc).

Now hardcore... That's just stupid. Nobody should be getting punched or kicked. And while I usually try not to say it. It makes people look straight up retarded.
Quote by kranoscorp
I find that I feel the same about women who play bass as I think of immigrants in America.

I respect them for finding a place in society under a lot of ridicule, but I have an odd paranoia that they are going to steal my job.
Can't take the mosh, stay out of the pit. And yes, at any given show, you should expect the whole floor to become a pit.
This is why I usually stay near the front and away from the mosh pits. If I happen to jump and the crowd surges forward, I end up stuck in midair squashed between some huge guys. It's horrible when you can't feel the floor underneath your feet.

What's even worse is when people try and mosh right near the front in a massive, dense crowd and not in a pit at all. At The Black Crusade during Trivium, some guy was trying to mosh behind me, I was on front barrier. He whacked me in the back of the head, slammed me into the barrier with more force than the 1000 people behind were already doing. He dug his elbow into the top of my shoulder and then proceeded to lean on me with his elbow digging into the hollow above my collar bone. The security guard flipped at him and pulled him out with the help of the guys around me and he still managed to kick me in the back of the head ( I had to duck down to avoid being kicked in the head by crowdsurfers in general).
I felt like I'd been beaten up.

They're the kinda guys I hate. if you're going to mosh, do it in a pit.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Page 1 of 2