so i have this huge problem.

i recently restrung my guitar. something i have done countless times. but for some reason, this time something funny happen. my bridge got raised ridiculously. i used to think i was less of a noob than this, but i guess not. does anyone know what im doing wrong? heres a picture

Tighten the springs in the back
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
did u put thicker gauge on? and from the looks of it , its not a floyd right?
Shredder Guitar wrote:

what the hell "even my chains...."

yeah, we dont wanna hear about your sexual devices, or anything of that matter.
Springs* you mean? but it is a fender styled guitar with a 2 point system right?
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris
Last edited by notsee at Nov 6, 2008,
Yea you have to balance out the tension between the strings and the springs in the back. If you have any more, try sticking another string in the back, because I don't think a claw adjustment will fix that. After you do that, try loosening the claw a bit.
Quote by kenan6346
Yea you have to balance out the tension between the strings and the springs in the back. If you have any more, try sticking another string in the back, because I don't think a claw adjustment will fix that. After you do that, try loosening the claw a bit.

i dont exactly understand. can you explain a bit more?
okay take a look at the back of your axe, there should be a cover (or not if you removed it) with springs under it. Now you should have 3 springs if you were to add more the tremolo would come back down, or the claw that the springs are attached to (with a little black wire soldered to it and 2 screws going through it) needs to be tightened, just turn the screws to tighten them into the body untill the tremolo comes back down to where you want it. Make sure you loosen the strings before you do this.
Given the amount that's raised I think it's actually going to need an extra spring or two. There's no point loosening the strings before you adjust the springs either - the very act of loosening them will send the bridge back to where it was so you'll have no idea if you're adjusting the springs correctly.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Given the amount that's raised I think it's actually going to need an extra spring or two. There's no point loosening the strings before you adjust the springs either - the very act of loosening them will send the bridge back to where it was so you'll have no idea if you're adjusting the springs correctly.

exactly. and im at a boarding school in india. i cant exactly get springs. anything i can try that will tide me over for about a month until i can get to a decent guitar shop?
Quote by sidvicious182
exactly. and im at a boarding school in india. i cant exactly get springs. anything i can try that will tide me over for about a month until i can get to a decent guitar shop?

take the trem cover off and tighten the screws holding the claw into the guitar.

i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.